Hey My First Find!

Nice find on the nickel, but what I think is even better is the small item between the key chain and the hooked item.

When you can find something that small, gold is just around the corner.

Keep it up and all will fall into place, I am learning my grandfathers detector and have much to learn also.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Hey TR,

Were those finds with the 24K? And where were those finds? In one of your permissions in gold country, or just a regular area! Try hitting a park, or even your yard, for more coins! All practice gets you more familiar with your machine! Good luck!👍👍

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/12/2020 at 9:27 PM, Valens Legacy said:

Nice find on the nickel, but what I think is even better is the small item between the key chain and the hooked item.

When you can find something that small, gold is just around the corner.

Keep it up and all will fall into place, I am learning my grandfathers detector and have much to learn also.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Thanks a lot!   Lead bullet fragments are coming more often.  Crazy how tiny they can be and still trigger my detector.  Pain in the arse to get in the cup too! 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 10:27 PM, Joe D. said:

Hey TR,

Were those finds with the 24K? And where were those finds? In one of your permissions in gold country, or just a regular area! Try hitting a park, or even your yard, for more coins! All practice gets you more familiar with your machine! Good luck!👍👍

Those came from Piru creek!  SoCal.  With my 24k.  Gettin more and more small bullet fragments now.  Tiny. Often times they look like nuggets to me but scratch tests tell otherwise.  Getting better here.  Closer I just know it

• Like 3

On 10/12/2020 at 6:26 PM, Theraker said:

Yes I’m so green that this 1977 nickel is special to me since it’s my first non-trash find!  Nuggets here I come! Only a matter of time.  
and no, I’m not willing to sell the Batman keychain I dug.   I’ve got to post it in the paper so I don’t get popped for theft. 

image.jpg

good stuff! i've always found nickels to be one of the tougher signals and easily the least common of coins i dig up. keep at it!

Finding nickels in parks is a good sign that the park has been cherry picked for the copper and silver. Many skip the low conductors because of aluminum. Where there is nickels and aluminum you have a better chance of also finding gold.

• Like 1

A nickel is a good target to test with, so just think of that one as your first 5g nugget. 👍   I buried a few at different depths to make a self testing area also, works well.

• Like 1