Minelab Repair, Pa

dewcon4414

18 hours ago, Raphis said:

Minelab states to tighten those mount bolts with a torque no greater than 1 nM (newton meter), which is equivalent to 8.85 inch pounds or about .74 ft lbs of torque....that’s not a lot of torque!  I suspect Nox owners are tightening those bolts 3-4 times the recommended torque.

Unfortunately very few users have the tools to do that properly.  I guess you could roll-your-own but to do that correctly takes both ingenuity and understanding of the principles.  Now you've got me wondering -- do the (authorized) repair shops actually go to the trouble of doing this correctly or rely on seat-of-the-pants methods?  🤔

• Like 1

Midalake......waiting on the bottom part of my Pod.   In the mean time ..... ive got a really good one ....plunger i think.  going to wait to see if i can since im using an Anderson shaft.  I may have to drill another hole for the pod to set into if i have to move it forward.   But with me just water hunting this seems like a good idea..... might look a little funky but some mods do lol.

23 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

But with me just water hunting this seems like a good idea..... might look a little funky but some mods do lol.

If my rod was not 2000 miles away I would post a picture. I have always been creative when it comes to fail proof mods. Detecting 2000 miles away with not a chance of getting replacement parts makes one think.

I'll take nothing to break for $200 Alex.  

When my pod broke in the water and pulled apart, Dewcon was about 100 yards away from me. I thought maybe he but some voodoo spell on my machine so I couldn’t find the gold. 😆 But... as it turned out, the plastic was severely cracked and broken where the bolts screwed in and corrosion was evident in the metal screw holes. Minelab replaced it under warranty. If they weren’t going to replace it I was going to build up epoxy around the cracked areas and I think that would have strengthened those areas and done the trick. 

They have them where they are two piece also. You can add a strait or a curved. I prefer the curved so I can carry the machine better. Little heat and they will align if they are the two piece.

addon.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okara gold said:

When my pod broke in the water and pulled apart, Dewcon was about 100 yards away from me. I thought maybe he but some voodoo spell on my machine so I couldn’t find the gold. 😆 But... as it turned out, the plastic was severely cracked and broken where the bolts screwed in and corrosion was evident in the metal screw holes. Minelab replaced it under warranty. If they weren’t going to replace it I was going to build up epoxy around the cracked areas and I think that would have strengthened those areas and done the trick. 

Got to watch Dew...he's a durability tester. You must of got to close.

• Haha 1

Okara....... is this BOB???  Ha..... Joe if it is hes as bad as me on equipment.   Snapped headphones, dead coils/broken ears and yes he was the first guy EVER that i know of to rip his right off the shaft lol.  The mans an animal hunter...... doesnt miss a speck of sand i have to get there an hour before him or he gets it all.  Impressive to watch hunt.  

Didnt Bob buy one of your AQ batteries Joe?   Waiting on the lower piece ML forgot to send with the pod and have a nice handle.  So once i get it ill get it wet.   Does ANYONE have any  idea what is causing the flooding of these machines?  I had NO issue with mine.  Some didnt .... put it up for awhile then it went.   Think its the speaker area?   I normally keep mine sealed with a nylon sticker.  Im wondering if some of the liquid plastic i have that cures with UV is needed around the heat seal?  I grew up on a farm Midalake....... so i know what ya mean about fixing things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dewcon4414 said:

Okara....... is this BOB???  Ha..... Joe if it is hes as bad as me on equipment.   Snapped headphones, dead coils/broken ears and yes he was the first guy EVER that i know of to rip his right off the shaft lol.  The mans an animal hunter...... doesnt miss a speck of sand i have to get there an hour before him or he gets it all.  Impressive to watch hunt.  

Didnt Bob buy one of your AQ batteries Joe?   Waiting on the lower piece ML forgot to send with the pod and have a nice handle.  So once i get it ill get it wet.   Does ANYONE have any  idea what is causing the flooding of these machines?  I had NO issue with mine.  Some didnt .... put it up for awhile then it went.   Think its the speaker area?   I normally keep mine sealed with a nylon sticker.  Im wondering if some of the liquid plastic i have that cures with UV is needed around the heat seal?  I grew up on a farm Midalake....... so i know what ya mean about fixing things.

Hey Dewey yes it's me Bob!  So I guess the cat's out of the bag. Can't hide anything from you! Thanks for the nice words about how I hunt. I am on Joe's list for a battery. I hunted for a few hours this morning with the Nox fully submerged. No gold and no leaks. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

I dont know if i want you to have a battery that keeps you out there longer than3 hours lol.   GL with the machine..... and hopefully if you have any issues Fisher will be as good/fast as they have been with our Noxs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1