Another Gold Coin With The Nox

I'm awl in on that coin.  Have you had it appraised?  This type of personalization may make it more valuable.  That is what I'd tell them at an auction.  It is not wear.  It is one of a kind.

• Like 2

Good play on words !  No i have not had it appraised and don't think i ever will . I cannot bear to sell any of my finds , my wife and child will deal with that when i am gone . To me all my finds are a story i can hold in my hand , and they represent many hard hours in the bush .

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mn90403 said:

This type of personalization may make it more valuable.  That is what I'd tell them at an auction.  It is not wear.  It is one of a kind.

Uh, Mitchel, did you forget to include a smiley face, like this one?  :biggrin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom_in_CA said:

Stunningly beautiful !   How many gold coins total do you have now ?

Thanks Tom . This one makes four now with three of them inside the last twelve months . I have had an amazing run of luck with my mates giving me some funny looks !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

Thanks Tom . This one makes four now with three of them inside the last twelve months . I have had an amazing run of luck with my mates giving me some funny looks !

Yes, and those mates should be calling you "sir" and "studmuffin" by now !    3 within a year is amazing.  That's like a golfer hitting a hole in one @ 3 times in a single year !    Congratz !

• Like 3

21 hours ago, rudiger said:

Well done, what an awesome find. Are you using a stock coil?

Yes the 11 inch is my bush coil . Drives me nuts with all the sticks that get caught in it but there is no real alternative . I use the 15" in open grassed areas . The 6" drives me nuts , just takes to long to cover any ground . Wish they made a solid 10" for the Nox .

21 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

Yes the 11 inch is my bush coil . Drives me nuts with all the sticks that get caught in it but there is no real alternative .

Have you seen this:

• Like 2

Thanks for that GB . I have seen it . A couple of years ago i molded up a snap on one . Worked ok but collected rocks and dirt on top of the coil . Was also a bit brittle , when i hit a rock it cracked up . A thin solid coil would have me handing over my cash quickly !

11 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

A couple of years ago i molded up a snap on one . Worked ok but collected rocks and dirt on top of the coil . Was also a bit brittle , when i hit a rock it cracked up .

I've done a polycarbonate mod similar to Steve H.'s for my 6" coil.  I attached it to the conventional coil cover rather than to the coil itself.  Polycarb is tough (e.g. bullet-proof glass) although it scratches fairly easily meaning it isn't a good 'window' for many applications -- not relevent here.  I agree that just covering the bottom allows rubble to collect on the top, requiring dumping it off often.

11 hours ago, Hunterjunk said:

A thin solid coil would have me handing over my cash quickly !

You aren't alone with that wish.  From day 1 (or even before) many have requested a closed eliptical like the 5"x10" that many other detectors (White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug to name just two) have available.  Minelab simply ignored everyone.

• Like 1