New Member From Upstate New York!

larryw

Hello, I like the oldschool format of a Forum over a Facebook, But i do use facebook for local detecting groups.  Ive been detecting for about 25 years now. I mostly just hunt coins/jewelry/relics. I live in upstate New York. My village was founded around 1807 and was a militia training ground from about 1807 to 1830 ish.  My village had about 35 + participants in the War of 1812. I got full permission to detect and keep anything on ALL of my Villages property free and clear :). Lots of good stuff has come out of here. Basically all able body people that lived here during the Civil War was required to participate in that. I basically live in what has been a military complex for a very long time but was never owned by the Federal government. Ill be asking questions in about a detector decision in another thread. Just wanted to introduce myself, say hello, and get some info a potential detector purchase. THANKS!

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of capable machines and many here will try to get you to drink the Minelab Cool Aid 🙂

What machines have you used and still use?

Welcome Larry,

Great introduction! Your a lucky man to even be able to have access to an area like that, let alone being able to keep your finds! Wish you much luck! And look forward to some pictures!👍👍

Welcome Larry, hope to see many posts with pictures from you, and don't forget to ask questions. There are so many people on this forum that will be able to help you with anything.

Good luck and happy hunting!

• Like 1

Welcome Larry, Glad you found us.  Post some of those finds.

• The title was changed to New Member From Upstate New York!

Here is what i consider the "good stuff" I find lots of modern stuff too and plenty of silver. Several Wheats, indians, barbers, etc. Its a good place to find stuff.  Seated and bust is almost non existent, Thats why im trying to get a PI machine. I know its there, im just not getting to the layer this stuff sunk down too with the equinox 800.

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

4.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

• Like 1

Great finds and pics Larry! You are indeed a lucky man! What are you swinging for those? Keep up the great work!!👍👍

Welcome Larry, and a big WOW on your finds so far. I'm a upstate N.Y. boy myself, been wanting to go back and do some detecting some day. Good Luck and keep posting those finds !!!!!!