Expanding My Gold Horizons

Travelling through gold country (video contains only one swear word).. 😬

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phrunt said:

You could ask about just buying the control box portion of one new

Thanks for the advice Phrunt, it has indeed been a bit of a battle getting a hold of one.. am still hoping the GPX 4500 and 500 will drop in price a bit as they're still unaffordable at the moment..

Who could i ask about just buying the control box? does the manufacturer sell them separately? is there any truth to the rumour that there's a P4 in the works? it'd be the bee's bollocks if it was..    

I especially want to thank Geof-junk for his Queensland Historical Gold Mines kmz files.. they have been invaluable together with Google Earth (especially its 3D function).. it makes the whole adventure a fair bit less daunting if you can 'see' how and where these old gold mine sites are located.. Thanks again..  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, phrunt said:

maybe Reg can help as he uses the forum

I've been in contact with Reg and he's been very helpful.. unfortunately he's out of stock at the moment.. (he also told me about the upcoming PL4..  

Erik have an elliptical coil in your collection with a 12 to 14" range, as it allows coverage, in hand with a high sensitivity for smaller nuggets ( there is more small nuggets than large ones in open ground.) 

• Like 1

Erik,

I think it fantastic that your son has taken a keen interest in hunting with you! That's the real "Gold" that had no equal! I wish you all much luck out there! Be safe, avoiding all the lethal critters outback!!🐍🕷🦂🐊  👍👍

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, geof_junk said:

Erik have an elliptical coil in your collection with a 12 to 14" range

I'm a bit stuck with the range of coils i can get for the Nox.. we've mainly been using the 6'' coil for detecting bedrock in rainforest country and the 15x12'' coil in open country out west.. we've also have a couple of 11'' coils which my son uses on the Nox 600 when i'm using the other coils.. thanks again for the kmz files, they've saved a lot of leg-work in getting to these mine sites.. according to one old matey up here, we're the first with detectors in some of these places.. they're certainly bloody hard work to get to, which makes it all the more worthwhile..    

• Like 2