Garrett Acquires White's Electronics!

I’m glad someone recognised the value of the White’s brand and to let it wither and die on the vine would be unforgivable......Garrett/White’s will be a force to be reckoned with and I’m guessing a lot of consumers will appreciate this loyalty and will be showing their “thanks” via their wallet.

• Like 1

This is excellent news...... I am excited to see what comes from this 

I see this as good news but I do not expect we will see many, if any, of the existing Whites products continued. 

If Whites has a large stock of existing parts I suppose it's possible Garrett could make 'commemorative editions' or something like that if it made financial sense to do so. 

I have no idea if Whites had anything in the development pipeline or archive that may be of interest to Garrett.

There is a lot of product overlap and I expect Whites viable products are more expensive to produce than Garrett's.

MXSport/GMXSport/TRX PP have direct competitors in Garrett's lineup.

I don't know where MX7 would fit in.

Perhaps TDI and GoldMaster 24K have their own niche in a combined lineup?

V3 lineup is completely unsustainable and without a feasible upgrade path.  As I understand, it is based on out of production processor, display, firmware platform, battery system etc and the effort required to port than to modern 'similar to' would be cost prohibitive)

So I don't think this is about 'products' for Garrett ... more about keeping all things 'Whites' out of the hands of someone who could destroy the Whites 'legacy' in the process of leveraging whatever current value is there.  It's telling that 'legacy' was the word used in both press releases.

Most of our gold found before Mine Lab were with a Garrett's DeepSeeker, Whites Coinmaster 6000 and a Whites GoldMaster 1 (Aus Model) then we went to PI machines. The VLF were the best brands available at that time. Best of luck Garrett and lets hope this means big competition with our Aussie manufacture.

Does all this mean the dream of a Garrett ATX refashioned  in a lighter better balanced body, perhaps resembling something like a TDI SL may become reality? We can only wait and see. I would be surprised to see another White's branded metal detector sold. White's is dead and Garrett is stronger for it.

• Like 3

Glad to receive a email from Whites letting me know Garrett Metal Detectors bought them out. Good direction for Garrett. Love my Whites now i know there is service available if i need it.

• Like 2

White's brand has value and obligations as far a warranties are concerned.  I'm glad a competitor recognized its value.

Let's see how Garrett uses it for more than just repair of existing models.

• Like 4

It is a good thing to see Garrett take hold of Whites legacy and keep their name alive. Just what will develop... we can only wait and see. 

• Like 2