Garrett Acquires White's Electronics!

I think it was enough for Whites to innovate and update - and fine-tune .. some well and successfully-proven detectors ... and in the meantime develop 2-3 state-of-the-art models ... in a new design and with new possibilities ... ,, and of course also well managed to promote their products ...

I also don't understand why, for example, someone didn't write the Adwance Book for Spectra V3 ... as well as they didn't update the software of this detector well enough in time .... even though it was planned ..

Garret can do all this now ... because he knows how to do good marketing .. but he also pulled the development of detectors forward ..

VISION soft..1.0..

IMG_20201027_143801.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/27/2020 at 9:29 AM, EL NINO77 said:

I think it was enough for Whites to innovate and update - and fine-tune .. some well and successfully-proven detectors ... and in the meantime develop 2-3 state-of-the-art models ... in a new design and with new possibilities ... ,, and of course also well managed to promote their products ...

I also don't understand why, for example, someone didn't write the Adwance Book for Spectra V3 ... as well as they didn't update the software of this detector well enough in time .... even though it was planned ..

Garret can do all this now ... because he knows how to do good marketing .. but he also pulled the development of detectors forward ..

Excellent points El Nino.  I've wondered the same thing myself.  The V3i was a brilliant design even though it could have used just a bit more polishing. 

All it *really* needed was a more stable/less finicky ground balance system.  That was the big one.  With the V3i, you had to be very careful with keeping it properly balanced otherwise it would get wonky losing depth and I.D. accuracy quickly even when just slightly out of ground balance.  The more difficult the soil, the worse this problem became.  But it was not unmanageable, just required a lot of operator skill to keep it properly balanced and working properly.  Users who couldn't master the finicky ground balancing eventually gave up in frustration without really understanding why the detector didn't perform for them.  It seems to me this is a difficult engineering problem but not one that couldn't be accomplished with enough engineering attention to that specific shortcoming.

There have been many other good suggestions on how to improve the V3i.  Including USB/PC programming capability, faster processor/more communicative audio especially in disc., ability to select two out of the three frequencies for simultaneous use not just one or all, and ability to use Bluetooth instead of proprietary wireless headphones ... just to name a few of the many good suggestions from users.   

Even with the shortcomings, the V3i is a truly brilliant design and still yet unmatched by any other manufacturer.  

By finishing that last 10% left undone by White's, Garrett has the makings of a truly spectacular flagship detector.  

• Like 2