Ahoy From Alaska!

Bryan

Welcome aboard and post some of the finds you get, we all love gold!

The people here can help with almost any question that you might have, and maybe you can answer someone else's questions.

What type of equipment do you use, and what part of Alaska are you from.

• Like 2

Ahoy back at you Bryan!

Welcome to the forum! What part of Alaska do you hale from? And what detectors do you use? Post some more info about yourself, and show us the good stuff!👍👍

• Like 1

Hey Bryan,  Welcome to a great place to hang out and educate yourself on a myriad of topics on prospecting and metal detecting.  If you're north of Talkeetna I'm sure you'll need a big pick to dig much this time of the year. On this site Steve has provided some great info for research and for locations. Enjoy and feel free to get involved.....Sauer21....?

• Like 1

i'll attempt to answer everyone's questions is one thread.

1. i am in anchorage. i just retired from the USCG two weeks ago and decided to remain here in the last frontier.

2. i am a life long all around treasure hunting, prospecting, outdoors type. if it's of value i'll dig for it, metal detect, search for it, yard sale hunt, thrift store rummage, storage unit auction, etc etc. 

3. i currently have only 2 detectors- a Garrett GTI 2500 and my trusty old Fisher Gold Bug II. a new coin/relic machine is in my near future.

4. i have more pans and sluice boxes than i probably should.

5. rocks are pretty and i've been known to carry more than i should down off some remote mountain.

6. i've been to adak. twice. once we got stuck for 9 days. that place feels like the edge of the earth. also some of the best ptarmigan hunting you could ever ask for. 

-bryan

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Bryan said:

i've been to adak. twice. once we got stuck for 9 days. that place feels like the edge of the earth. also some of the best ptarmigan hunting you could ever ask for. 

-bryan

Right on about the ptarmigan and some mighty fine halibut fishing!

When I was there in '70 - '71 the Crab Boats would come every season as well.

Adak has all gone to private use now, no more USN or Air Force as far as I know.

• Like 2

Welcome Bryon, Lurk no more, glad to have you come aboard.