A Plus Day With Fors

Hello,

Woke up this morning and the skies were clouding up and was suppose to rain late today. I was going to hike in a long distance to a spot I found last year on one side of the river. But didnt sound like I had all day because of rain. So I hiked in a closer spot on the opposite side of the river above redding. There is alot of old pocket diggins in the area. Some have decent gold. I hit this older diggings that I havent been to since detecting with a gb 2. Found some good pieces there before, but I think Fors plus operated better there because of bad mineralization. The high powered detectors have trouble at these spots unless you dumb them down a bit. I still ran Fors in boost mode and 80-85 sens. It was pretty smooth for hot ground. Dug a few pieces again right at the edge of the detection field. They were a repeatable whisper. But had a good day with 7 pcs for 3.4 dwt. Ill have to hit the other side of the river when the rains go away for a day. So far my Fors Gold plus is holding together with no issues.

post-764-0-02484000-1449376543_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-66070700-1449376589_thumb.jpg

post-764-0-25481000-1449376605_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Very nice..

Thanks for the comments and likes. But a great detector and a good location can give anybody success. My success comes from these. Also a great detector forum such as this , is a great place to see all aspects of treasure hunting. Or post on the latest technology. I'm glad steve built a awesome community. Good luck to all.

• Like 1