Hello 

have you seen this video ? 

Lot of iron ... 

I don't understand English very well, but I have the impression that he says that there is no variation in the audio. and that there is no double beep on the bobbie pin .it is sold to find under iron, but I see it only finds iron. 🤔

• Like 3

Gig is learning..and the best way is to get out, do the time and dig all. Let me add, the "AQ" is best used in combination with a good VLF. My time out hunting is about 50% AQ and the other 50% Excalibur. In time you learn which is best for the beach you plan on hunting.

Carolina hunts the same beach's as the Gig....Carolina has several gold with the "AQ" but he is a very experienced PI hunter also..and it shows.

I talked to Gig last week and his main use for the AQ was finding cannon balls, I do think that it shine for sure in that area..if he can dig that deep.

Good Luck to the Gig! 

• Like 3

What do you mean by " is best used in combination with a vlf " ? 

Are you referring to cleaning the area first with vlf and then using AQ? it could be a problem if the area (even small) takes 2 or 3 days to clean up, in the meantime as you know it could be covered with a meter of sand.

Anyway on the beaches I hunt, gold, whether it's surface, deep, recent or old, is almost always in trashy areas. (iron, aluminum ..)it could be complicated with this detector. However, I still want an AQ 😅 when Fisher decides to market outside the USA ... you who have hours on your QA, can you differentiate certain metals or targets? like the bobbie pin for example ?

39 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Gig is learning..and the best way is to get out, do the time and dig all. Let me add, the "AQ" is best used in combination with a good VLF. My time out hunting is about 50% AQ and the other 50% Excalibur. In time you learn which is best for the beach you plan on hunting.

Carolina hunts the same beach's as the Gig....Carolina has several gold with the "AQ" but he is a very experienced PI hunter also..and it shows.

I talked to Gig last week and his main use for the AQ was finding cannon balls, I do think that it shine for sure in that area..if he can dig that deep.

Good Luck to the Gig! 

Is Carolina more of a water hunter?  Bay or ocean hunter?

The Impulse is a pulse induction metal detector, and will therefore find plenty of trash. Frankly, this has been discussed at great length and detail in previous threads. I suggest you spend time reviewing older Impulse threads here by the people who are using them. This will show you what people find in average hunts.

All Fisher Impulse AQ threads

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyRox said:

Is Carolina more of a water hunter?  Bay or ocean hunter?

Gigmaster and Carolina hunt the same places...VB ..Ocean front..Then the Chesapeake Bay. Both hunt in and out of the water. More out, Ocean front and more in the water bay...I think. 

By the Way Gig messaged me..Got a nice Gold ring today with the "AQ" ..More to come on that in his Next video..

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vive equinox said:

What do you mean by " is best used in combination with a vlf " ? 

Are you referring to cleaning the area first with vlf and then using AQ? it could be a problem if the area (even small) takes 2 or 3 days to clean up, in the meantime as you know it could be covered with a meter of sand.

Anyway on the beaches I hunt, gold, whether it's surface, deep, recent or old, is almost always in trashy areas. (iron, aluminum ..)it could be complicated with this detector. However, I still want an AQ 😅 when Fisher decides to market outside the USA ... you who have hours on your QA, can you differentiate certain metals or targets? like the bobbie pin for example ?

I use both the "AQ" and the Excalibur (VLF) in combo as a team....I like taking the Excalibur in to a beach to do a evaluation.. Overall and spots I think the AQ will do well and area's I should stay away from. Like a Team working together we decide who goes where.. Right now I know the beach's I hunt very well ...So based on the incoming conditions I choose which beach I am going to..(Weather, Winds, Tides..Waves, etc.) Then my decision on who goes where is based on the reconn and which will be the best. Very Simple.

One thing to remember also. I hunt in the water...which is a great classifier of targets. I let Mother Nature do the work for me...I just have to find the open window. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Exactly described the key principle of the “jobs to be done” theory. Define the task, with full consideration of the desired outcomes, the limiting factors such as (in this case) bottom conditions, probable ratio of desirable to undesirable targets - then choose the correct tool for each phase of the “job to be done”.

Even Homo Erectus had figured out how to hit a rock just right with another rock to produce the edge or point needed to kill or skin the prey!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Gigmaster and Carolina hunt the same places...VB ..Ocean front..Then the Chesapeake Bay. Both hunt in and out of the water. More out, Ocean front and more in the water bay...I think. 

By the Way Gig messaged me..Got a nice Gold ring today with the "AQ" ..More to come on that in his Next video..

Gotcha.  

Thanks!

we all agree on choosing the right tool for the conditions ... however, I don't forget that one of AQ's main advertising arguments was some iron discrimination ability. it would seem after reading the owners' reports except maybe the jag, that it's just a deeper PI 🤔.

• Like 1