New Gig At Rye Patch

If you get back out in the next couple days look for a silver jeep with black cargo pod. Plugging away for those elusive nuts. BTW, yesterday was crowded for Rye Patch. 5 or six other rigs scattered around.  Mike

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, afreakofnature said:

Glen being in CO do you find it has enough power?  I really wanted to get a 570 but all my friends are saying I need to get some thing bigger engine wise like the 800. Or maybe it’s the 900 now I’m not sure. I thought that the 570 would do just as fine for dinking around and exploring. I’m not into sport/racing or going fast to tear shit up. I just don’t want to have two large adults in the machine not make it to the top of the hill LOL.

The RZR 570 has 45 horsepower compared to the no longer made RZR 800 which had 53 horsepower. Payload capacity is 740 lbs. and towing capacity of 1500 lbs. Never had a problem with power, I've had the RZR 570 on 14,000 ft mountains. The low range has plenty of climbing power and the 50" width you can maneuver tight curves and trails. Had the RZR 570 for eight years and I've had no issues at all. Here's a picture of me loading into the truck.

427326196_IMG_20200716_112352(2080x1560).thumb.jpg.30618e9d947cd21fa5e526dbf2ca8fac.jpg

• Like 5

That black light is pretty cool. Where can I get one? It that thing will make a scorpion glow like that, then I wonder if it will make a rattlesnake glow and stand out in neon as well. Could be useful aside from obvious uses for rocks. This has me thinking intently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

Glen being in CO do you find it has enough power?  I really wanted to get a 570 but all my friends are saying I need to get some thing bigger engine wise like the 800. Or maybe it’s the 900 now I’m not sure. I thought that the 570 would do just as fine for dinking around and exploring. I’m not into sport/racing or going fast to tear shit up. I just don’t want to have two large adults in the machine not make it to the top of the hill LOL.

The 570, is small two large guys fit nicely or Wife and two small Dogs.  I have mine with and aftermarket Rack on the rear for added storage!  I have my gun rack on the Racks Bars with hold my 7000 with a death grip.  I can set another detector between the Rack and the top roll cage...of course must have cooler.  Tusk Storage bags inside keeps dust off things that don’t need to get dusty (TP).  One of the most important things on any Side by Side is maintenance and service.  One thing Polaris has is easy access to change your Drive Belt.  I have other Buddies with different brands and to change a bad belt in the field is a major deal.  The shocks on the 570 make it ride like a tank...that’s my next upgrade.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Arky said:

If you get back out in the next couple days look for a silver jeep with black cargo pod. Plugging away for those elusive nuts. BTW, yesterday was crowded for Rye Patch. 5 or six other rigs scattered around.  Mike

I left yesterday mid day!  I did pass a Jeep closely following another vehicle on the main dirt road as I was heading to the Damn Dam!  Good luck

Rick

Oh, another thing about the RZR 570!  Seems funny being the smallest of the models that it has the largest back storage of them!  Motor is in rear and not under you so you can have a regular conversation without being drowned out with engine noise!  Cover all open spaces under the seats with good duct tape to block dust (at least I think it helps 😂)

A93019CB-A488-4F63-88B5-60CA8D4824A0.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks guys for the input on the 570!  Initially that was what I was going for, then I got side tracked on ATVs.  Was really looking at the Can-Am Outlander MAX XT.  Its a 2 up machine but now I think I am going back to the RZR.  It just sucks that these machines are almost the price of a small car and none of the dealers around here have any to test.  I really want to ride on these like you would test drive out a car.  I think in our area that everyone is buying so many of these kinds of toys (campers, etc.) that there are none around to look at or ride.  Plus side, there might be a bunch of lightly used ones coming up for sale next year.

LuckyLundy could you reply to your other threat at "Day Hunt At Rye Patch."  I was hoping you might give a little review on your SDC coils.  Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

One of the most important things on any Side by Side is maintenance and service.  One thing Polaris has is easy access to change your Drive Belt.  I have other Buddies with different brands and to change a bad belt in the field is a major deal. 

I always see people saying this.  How often do you have to change a drive belt?  Do they go bad from just normal wear?  I would think that they should last a long time, I mean the old chain and shaft drive ATVs never really wore out.

3 hours ago, afreakofnature said:

I always see people saying this.  How often do you have to change a drive belt?  Do they go bad from just normal wear?  I would think that they should last a long time, I mean the old chain and shaft drive ATVs never really wore out.

I've had may RZR 570 for eight years and still have the original belt. Most of my miles on my RZR are on rocky, slow crawling trails and mostly driven in low range. I do carry an extra belt and tools to do the job. I perform yearly maintenance and service, in addition on long extended trips I grease all the lube fittings. I check the belt when doing the yearly maintenance too see how it is wearing. The only thing I've replaced so far is the battery.

• Like 4