New Gig At Rye Patch

Rick,  When I 1st started detecting Rye Patch in the mid 90's, I was poor and many trips from Idaho, I'd carpool and pay half the gas.  Life was simple back then with just the basics.  I'd sleep on the ground on a tarp and toss a military wool blanket over me and all was good.  Well about a yr later my old-timer friend Tom C. (since passes away) pulled out one of those night lights.  It was amazing the amount of glowing scorpions scattering all around us.  I bet we counted 15+ in a matter of 30' area and it was right there above the burn barrel. 

When I was a teenager out catfishing one night, I accidentally sat right on one and it was a very unpleasant night.  The burning pain was only half the battle, but the swelling in my glands and throat (making it hard to swallow) was very real.

Needless to say, I have never spent a night on the ground since that glowing night with the UV light.

Interesting rocks and what is the history of them?

Nice gold by the way.

• Like 5

Black Lighting at night in your SxS looks fun !!! Finding Gold even better !!!!! Wish I was coming down this winter but border, covid, and election year just didn't need extra stress.... Even sold my 6x6 while in Quartzite last winter & bought a new 2020 Can-Am Commander 800R just for navigating deserts. Seats 2 really comfortable & has a decent size dump bed for gear or glow in the dark rocks.... Fits on all 4x4 trails ( so far ) So if you stop in at Gold Diggers tell everyone Hi !!! for me &  I look forward to seeing all next fall !!!! I'm already getting bored at home !!!!! Gonna be a long 6 months !!!!! Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!

20200820_122149.jpg

20200703_200524.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Tell Paul you are there and be bored together!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dig It said:

Black Lighting at night in your SxS looks fun !!! Finding Gold even better !!!!! Wish I was coming down this winter but border, covid, and election year just didn't need extra stress.... Even sold my 6x6 while in Quartzite last winter & bought a new 2020 Can-Am Commander 800R just for navigating deserts. Seats 2 really comfortable & has a decent size dump bed for gear or glow in the dark rocks.... Fits on all 4x4 trails ( so far ) So if you stop in at Gold Diggers tell everyone Hi !!! for me &  I look forward to seeing all next fall !!!! I'm already getting bored at home !!!!! Gonna be a long 6 months !!!!! Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!!

20200820_122149.jpg

20200703_200524.jpg

Very nice!

I just picked up this....

Now to kit it out. Will be a combined prospecting and camel shooting buggy

image0.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Nice looking rig you have Madtuna, and while Dig it has a awesome ride also i prefer the yellow when in the field so i can where i parked. 🙃  ht

• Like 3