18 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Indeed on beach 2, you should not be far from the gold rings!

Personally I will have switched directly to All metal and made the sorting by ear after finding this lead

Thanks Alexandre. Next time out there I will use all metal. I had a very limited time there and wanted to cover as much area as  possible. The beaches around here close at sundown and it's a 2 hour drive home. 

• Like 2

Two hour drive is a haul.

Looks like a good few days out. No doubt your in the right area..I love looking at other AQ hunters hunts for I try and think how I would go about hunting the same spot, and could I do anything different. I have a few spots I think would be the same as your targets found. I've yet to get up enough nerve to venture to them yet. But winter tides are coming so It will be interesting if I can get up the confidence to take the AQ....Thanks for sharing! 

Working on your battery and several others. Finally making some progress since things settled down some. I would expect to have all done by the end of the month. Thanks for being patient. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Two hour drive is a haul.

Looks like a good few days out. No doubt your in the right area..I love looking at other AQ hunters hunts for I try and think how I would go about hunting the same spot, and could I do anything different. I have a few spots I think would be the same as your targets found. I've yet to get up enough nerve to venture to them yet. But winter tides are coming so It will be interesting if I can get up the confidence to take the AQ....Thanks for sharing! 

Working on your battery and several others. Finally making some progress since things settled down some. I would expect to have all done by the end of the month. Thanks for being patient. 

Thanks for making the batteries in the first place. Everyone appreciates it. It will be nice to get to use the AQ without a battery swap. It makes things a lot easier and actually changes how I would hunt. The area I hunted is a mix of medium size rocks that gets exposed from time to time. It has little, visible sand. All faint readings that I dug turned out to be small targets like brass beads from fishing gear, but I will try all metal and really hone in on those threshold changes next time out there. Those targets labeled section 2 were found in fast progression. It's mostly silent and then bang! targets are not plentiful in those rocks. It will make a nice area to repeat visit and try different settings as these rocks remain fairly constant and do not shift much, if at all.

• Like 2

I'm curious how you guy's hunt rocky areas in chest and neck deep water, as opposed to sand and clay? How do you go about getting the target out, and don't the rocks wreck your scoops?👍👍

On 10/20/2020 at 2:03 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

Thanks Alexandre. Next time out there I will use all metal. I had a very limited time there and wanted to cover as much area as  possible. The beaches around here close at sundown and it's a 2 hour drive home. 

with a little experience
we can remove surface targets
only dig (in all metals) the weakest sounds
and who seems the most perfect (chhh whispers)
with Impulse, its allows you to search for targets
that the others will not hear
and often there is a good one (or more) in the heap

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1