Apex, Vanquish 540, And Nokta Simplex.... Iron Test... Who Is King?

• Steve Herschbach changed the title to Apex, Vanquish 540, And Nokta Simplex.... Iron Test... Who Is King?

Hi calabash , I have just watched your video. Very interesting . From my standpoint I usually do not do iron separation static tests I prefer to test directly in the field the detectors iron separation abilities . I just can say from my tests with the Apex that it will not be a revolution in iron trashed areas , ok it works but nothing outstanding with its chirpy audio ..

It would probably interesting to add a Deus/Orx or a T2/G2 to your test because for me they are excellent on irons , and much better than the Apex and the MLs ..

BTW it looks like you live in a very nice area , thanks for the pics and video  ... 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2020 at 8:55 AM, palzynski said:

Hi calabash , I have just watched your video. Very interesting . From my standpoint I usually do not do iron separation static tests I prefer to test directly in the field the detectors iron separation abilities . I just can say from my tests with the Apex that it will not be a revolution in iron trashed areas , ok it works but nothing outstanding with its chirpy audio ..

It would probably interesting to add a Deus/Orx or a T2/G2 to your test because for me they are excellent on irons , and much better than the Apex and the MLs ..

BTW it looks like you live in a very nice area , thanks for the pics and video  ... 🙂

I'd love to see you try that test with the measly lil Tesoro Mojave.

It best every machine I own in nails.

The Compadre as well.

I own many machines.

Minelabs, Garrett, White's, even the lil Simplex.

I wish I had picked up the Tesoros years ago before they crashed.

The Mojave is my primary machine around fence's and homes surrounded by nails.

My Sovereign GT does quite well in nails. Though not as good as that lil Mojave.

I've even heard it's found nuggets others missed in Australia.

I did enjoy your video.

i own a "mojave" and yes, it is outrageously good in iron.
i use mine to hunt sidewalk easements.it's a great little detector,and the 7"
precision thin concentric coil is the perfect match. outstanding totter too! 
since tesoro "croaked" almost impossible to find used, because people hang on to them.
(h.h.!)
j.t.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Goldpick
      I see NEL will be releasing a full coil range for the Simplex in December, should make it an even more versatile detector than it already is.
      https://nel-coils.com/index.php/en/the-news
      Also noticed that Detect-Ed is now making carbon fibre lower shafts for the SImplex, resolving the issue of lower shaft flex.
      https://www.detect-ed.com/collections/carbon-shafts/products/simplex-carbon-shaft

• By Bayard
      I notice that RNB now has a lithium battery pack for the Vanquish priced around $60.
      I have been using RNB battery packs in my Etrac for years and probably will buy one of these Vanquish batteries, if there are no bugs needing to be worked out.  I intend to keep the Vanquish in my car trunk and will only use it sporadically.  Regular rechargeables don't seem to hold a charge if they are not used for a long time.  In contrast, the RNB batteries seem to hold a charge indefinitely.  I want to be confident that the detector is going to work even if it has been sitting unused in the car trunk for months.
    • By Ridge Runner
      I was thinking about getting another coil for my Simplex and I was just wondering if any of you have tried either one?
       Kellyco has both for a little over a hundred but show a coil cover for them is 12 dollars . The only thing it said about the coils that they were DD coils.
       I’m more into coin hunting with this detector so I’m thinking 8.5 but like to hear from anyone that has one are the other.
       Heck post your opinion even if you don’t have any.
       Chuck 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      This is a Garrett forum for people who like Garrett detectors, so they can learn about how to get the best out of them. If you want to compare brands, or just state your negative opinion of Garrett or it's products, please use the appropriate forums, like the Advice & Comparisons Forum. Thanks.
    • By phrunt
      It may not be the best detector out of the competitors but it sure has the best coils!
      NEL Coils for Garrett Ace Apex

All models of the NEL coils for Garrett Ace Apex metal detectors.
      For more information, see the coil model page:
      NEL Big for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Attack for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Storm for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Thunder for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Tornado for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Super Fly for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Hunter for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Sharpshooter for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Snake for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Sharp for Garrett Ace Apex

So now, Garrett is back in the game and the Apex is suddenly interesting again.  It's quite funny, it's not what Garrett did that makes the Apex now the best Multi Frequency entry level detector for coil selection, it's what they didn't do.  By making it possible for aftermarket coil manufacturers they've dramatically improved their detectors desirability without doing anything themselves.
    • By phrunt
      It may not be the best detector out of the competitors but it sure has the best coils!
      NEL Coils for Garrett Ace Apex

All models of the NEL coils for Garrett Ace Apex metal detectors.
      For more information, see the coil model page:
      NEL Big for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Attack for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Storm for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Thunder for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Tornado for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Super Fly for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Hunter for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Sharpshooter for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Snake for Garrett Ace Apex NEL Sharp for Garrett Ace Apex

So now, Garrett is back in the game and the Apex is suddenly interesting again.  It's quite funny, it's not what Garrett did that makes the Apex now the best Multi Frequency entry level detector for coil selection, it's what they didn't do.  By making it possible for aftermarket coil manufacturers they've dramatically improved their detectors desirability without doing anything themselves.