Location Help Equinox 800 Testing For Problem

Allen M

Hello I live in Las Vegas anybody have suggestions where I can go. I have a equinox 800 and I believe I have problems with it. Have not found any gold and getting frustrated with very little help from Minelab. Need ground I can test it out on tkk on se if there is a problem with it. 

any help would be appreciated 

Allen, I can't help you with a spot to test it, but my advice is locate someone with an identical Detector. Go to any gold prospecting area and bury a few targets of different sizes and depth.(NB Lead,Brass,Silver and most coins will do but not iron or steel.) If both detectors have a similar (+/- 5%) range on your target then your detector is most likely OK

• Like 1

Allen,

My grandfather had the same problem when he started with the 800, and as geof_junk stated grandfather was able to find someone that was able to help him.

In your area there has to be many people with the same detector as you and they would be happy to help you in person.

First thing to do is to go to the equinox forum on here and ask people about the problems that you are having, there may also be some answers to the questions that you may have already on there. I have found most of my answers there already as I have only been using grandfather's 800 for a short time.

Be patient and read to learn the machine.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

I almost choked on my coffee.

We seem to see this reaction quite a bit here.  I think coffee cans (and paper cups) should be required to add the following:

Warning: drinking this product while reading detectorprospector.com could be hazzardous to your health

• Haha 2