Beach Hunting Combo

When I’m all in,... I’m all in!!

A few nice finds and quiet days on the beach add to the All In recipé.

This Covid-19 has turned tourists into pleasant members of the public that keep their distance. Just the way I like it on my days off.

So I decided to update my setup and give my trusty pall the CTX a rest, I’m not selling just yet. It will sniff out the good stuff for sure.

Dry sand and wet sand hunting: Equinox 800 V3 VLF 11”, XP MI4 pinpointer

Wet sand excavation: Vallon VMH4-VS30/VS20 PI due in somewhere round half november.

This evening I’m readíng up on the manuals,... lets get down to the nitty gritty!!

Balance is non existent on a stock 800. Here's my quick fix. Short tube of an Excalibur. Sawed off the coil attachment.

Fits into the stock Nox upper tube. Aplied a little ducktape for a nice snug fit. A short length of aluminium tubing "Dinsmore bankstick", filled with ballasting leadshot and the end plugged with the original Nox shaft plug.

Balance is slightly coil heavy, floats with a few fingers and has a far better swing and arc.

Fully reversible in just a few minutes.

IMG_2958.JPG

IMG_2959.JPG

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, scoopjohnb said:

Here's my quick fix.

How much was the total weight added?

Total weight added is something like 475 gr.

I guess this defeats the purpose of a lightweight detector. However you should understand I always hunt with a bungee. And have several different sizes of bungee in the toolbox.

To keep my posture upright in stead of looking down at my feet the whole time. I like to use a sling/backpack in stead of a detecting belt. My favourite is the 5.11 Rush Moab 10.

• Like 2

Vallon VMH4 has arrived, read the manual and headed out to the backyard.

Totally different animal than the Nox. Sens has to be dialed back in order to hunt. And even then you have to really focus in order to single out a target. Silent search with a slow recovery VCO. With the VS30 coil easily hits ring size targets at depth.

I’m digging big plugs, scanning with pinpointer, rescan the hole with the machine, digging little bit deeper, getting target signal with pinpointer, out pops the target. WOW! And it just hates your digger, really needs to be kept out of the way.

Very, very solid and tactile build. Every adjustment you make reports back to the user with a positive feedback. An excavator!! Need some beach time!!

• Like 1