Collateral Finds

That's some real weight on those rings!

Collateral finds makes it a jewelry patch beach.  That doesn't always happen.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

That's some real weight on those rings!

Collateral finds makes it a jewelry patch beach.  That doesn't always happen.

Thanks Mitchel, Yes, the weight surprised me. I seem to have problems judging ring weights when I find them. After a few hours of hunting my tired hands lose a little sensitivity, I guess. Also, at night it is hard for me to see the subtle difference between white gold and silver. I wasn't sure about either ring until I got home.

17 minutes ago, The Seeker said:

Congrats on another great hunt Compass.  Hopefully one of these days you find the other half, good luck.

Thank you Seeker, Just to be clear, these collateral finds were on several hunts- not just one or two. If I can manage to find the other half I might just buy myself a Lotto ticket! 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Compass said:

The Barber dime was actually found, I think, on the same day I found the half-bracelet.

That means you were into an old drop/loss area, I assume.  Can you estimate how many detector coils were within arm's length of that over the decades?

Maybe it was in your other post(s), but what detector(s) found these?

Presumably a lot of hours expended, but IMO you're efforts paid off nicely.

• Thanks 1

Congrats on the collateral digs!  Bag of rice for the phone for a couple of days and then try to charge it.  I have four that I got to powerup that way.  Three had already been turned off from their carrier and the other was an old iPhone 5 with a cracked screen that would power up but not keep much of a charge.  I put up "found" signs on the beaches but didn't get any responses and the signs had been taken down the next time I went to the beaches.  I do have three returns this year though.  So it is always worth the "try".   

Keep working on the Cartier, more collateral to find too!!!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

That means you were into an old drop/loss area, I assume.  Can you estimate how many detector coils were within arm's length of that over the decades?

Maybe it was in your other post(s), but what detector(s) found these?

Presumably a lot of hours expended, but IMO you're efforts paid off nicely.

Thanks GBA, These were all found with the TDI Beach Hunter. Funny thing about that Barber dime is that I found no other old coins that day- no silver or wheaties. Being so lightweight it could have moved many miles over the years.

Yes, I put in many hours looking for the rest of that bracelet but they were all exciting hunts.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cuniagau said:

Congrats on the collateral digs!  Bag of rice for the phone for a couple of days and then try to charge it.  I have four that I got to powerup that way.  Three had already been turned off from their carrier and the other was an old iPhone 5 with a cracked screen that would power up but not keep much of a charge.  I put up "found" signs on the beaches but didn't get any responses and the signs had been taken down the next time I went to the beaches.  I do have three returns this year though.  So it is always worth the "try".   

Keep working on the Cartier, more collateral to find too!!!

Thanks for the tips cuniagau, putting it in rice now.

Great hunting and don't give-up, you will find the rest of it someday.

Good luck on your next outing.

• Thanks 1