Collateral Finds

12 hours ago, cuniagau said:

Congrats on the collateral digs!  Bag of rice for the phone for a couple of days and then try to charge it.  I have four that I got to powerup that way.  Three had already been turned off from their carrier and the other was an old iPhone 5 with a cracked screen that would power up but not keep much of a charge.  I put up "found" signs on the beaches but didn't get any responses and the signs had been taken down the next time I went to the beaches.  I do have three returns this year though.  So it is always worth the "try".   

Keep working on the Cartier, more collateral to find too!!!

I have been having some luck taking phones to the ECO ATM. Recent examples : iPhone 5 , no power , good glass =$8. iPhone 7 exploded sanded battery , shattered glass =$10. Iphone XR , powers up , cracked screen =$55. Some older bad phones they offer to dispose of , no $. Just an option guys. I usually take 3 or 4 in at a time. You can get some cash.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Keep looking for that other half , it's working a treat !  Congrats .

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, King-Of-Bling said:

I have been having some luck taking phones to the ECO ATM. Recent examples : iPhone 5 , no power , good glass =$8. iPhone 7 exploded sanded battery , shattered glass =$10. Iphone XR , powers up , cracked screen =$55. Some older bad phones they offer to dispose of , no $. Just an option guys. I usually take 3 or 4 in at a time. You can get some cash.

Thanks KOB, I had never heard of this so I looked them up. I have a feeling that I will be visiting them someday.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Compass said:

Thanks KOB, I had never heard of this so I looked them up. I have a feeling that I will be visiting them someday.

YW. There could be a downside for SOME people. It wants your driver's license , which of course it gives back. Also wants a thumbprint and will take a picture of you. Not a problem for me. Once I took a nice phone in and it said that "this phone has been reported lost or stolen" and couldn't make an offer. It then gave the phone back. Also Google search coupon codes , you can usually get a few extra $ on each phone. The whole process is fairly easy to get quick cold hard cash. Though selling through other avenues will get more $ , I just don't want to deal with the headaches. 

• Like 1