Sourdough Scott Survives Encounter With Big Cat!

klunker

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Are they good eatin'?  Such a big animal would have some decent steaks and drumsticks.

Suprisingly enough they are VERY tasty...!!!!  Imo best description I can give is a cross between venison and pork, a white meat, and about the same texture as a porkchop...?  They are not really that big, usually 100-125lb range, big cat 150lbs+

Here's some good pics from a few winters ago off one of my trail cams.  If you want more cat pics I got tons, just not sure if Steve wants the stuff on this forum....

chance1.JPG

chance3.JPG

chance2.JPG

• Like 7

Here's a recent Cougar scare video!

CAUTION: Very scary!!😜 👍👍

https://youtu.be/60NXS7VRT74

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Oh my! 1

1 hour ago, oneguy said:

If you want more cat pics I got tons, just not sure if Steve wants the stuff on this forum....

Just not dead ones (or "torn appart ones") please. These are beautiful animals that are part of the nature that we should respect. They have done nothing wrong, other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time when we are looking for gold.

• Like 3

Trust me! You will enjoy the one i posted!👍👍

I was out hiking around the forest at night doing wildlife surveys for work and my headlamp caught a pair of widely separated forward looking spots of blinking eyeshine under a bush between me and my truck.  My partner was down canyon beyond sight and hearing range, and I could tell it was a cat crouching watching me.  Well, I did have a moment of surprise, but it was right off the trail I had to go on, and so I figured I could scare it off if I acted tough.  I grabbed a big branch and raked it side to side through the brush and made grunting noises and stomped while walking towards it. When I got closer, it was looking around and then leaped out of the bush and cleared the one next to it without making a sound. It ran off and I could see then that it was in fact a adult Mtn. Lion.  It didn't make a single sound running through the brush, amazingly stealthy they are!

Another biologist friend tells me of when she was talking with a coworker and a lion walked up to them. He saw it and ran off screaming “like a little girl” with his arms flailing in the air.  She and the mtn. lion watched him run off, they looked at each other, and then the lion just walked away.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Are they good eatin'? 

Should you ever have a chance to make something a big cat try chili. They are really good for almost any Chinese dish that you can think of.

I have had some jerky made from it also and it was pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1