Mega Coin From Mega Depth On Mega Detected Beach

Hand me the AQ driver, caddy!!👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fantastic find and would really like to see it cleaned a little more.

Don't let the politicians over there see it as it may cause a Russia investigation on it.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 7:44 AM, Rivers rat said:

came out this beast of a coin,the largest and heaviest coin i ever found and.......on a beach!!!!!

It is a 5 kopecks from Catherine the Great Empress of Russia .

'Great' find!  Do you know the composition?  Have you weighed it?  Run your Equinox over it to get a digital TID?  Appears to have held up nicely in the wet salt sand.  It's a bit difficult for me to surmise the size with only it in the closeup picture, so if you do rephoto would you mind putting in something to give us a feel for the scale?

What a huge coin!    Talk about dragging the britches down.  A pocket full of those would pull my pants down.

HH

Mike

41 minutes ago, Rivers rat said:

54 grams !!!😃😃😃

For USA reference/comparison, that's very close to equivalent to the weight of 2x 90% silver dollars and a bit over the combination of a $20 gold piece and $10 gold piece.  Also equivalent in weight to five of the later Large Cents.

Yeh, I'd say that's pretty hefty!

9 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

For USA reference/comparison, that's very close to equivalent to the weight of 2x 90% silver dollars and a bit over the combination of a $20 gold piece and $10 gold piece.  Also equivalent in weight to five of the later Large Cents.

Yeh, I'd say that's pretty hefty!

i have a few US coins i found in the Thames i ll take a picture for comparaisons

RR

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LE.JAG said:

It is really a very nice coin!
Can you put a picture for us with the coin in your hand?

ps: nice caddy but, or its the balls 😜

I modded the "Sand Scorcher" this afternoon i can carry all kinds of gamatte and spade its light foldable and fun and i can carry LeJAg when he ll be too tired to dig shrapnells on our beaches😀😀😀😀

thumbnail-6.jpeg

thumbnail-8.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1