5 hours ago, Willy said:

Just ballast it

So Willy, is that a yes it is buoyant? Thanks

• Oh my! 1

11 minutes ago, Carolina said:

When I put my old CZ20 on a straight shaft, I had bad coil float going on. It was not a buoyant coil; the box was a little buoyant and the angle between the box, arm rest and coil caused the coil lift. Moving the box up the shaft completely changed it to where I could make it neutral.

Would like to hear Willy's informed answer; yet there are several ways to deal with it if it is.

2 hours ago, Carolina said:

How bad can a little coil be, I've used several over my short time as a water hunter..Never....a issue when they were small And submersed....My only concern is the price.  

15% more power? OOoo..We're going to need a Bigger battery.

Thanks for the report Willy, Good to know things are moving. 

Come on AQ 8 Inch!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

How bad can a little coil be, I've used several over my short time as a water hunter..Never....a issue when they were small And submersed....My only concern is the price.  

Come on AQ 8 Inch!!

Hi Joe, Man my 10x5 coilTek for my CTX will wear you out, trying to keep it on the bottom. Granted it’s a clam shell design not a spider but I just hate the thought of a buoyant coil. I’ll take your word for it though as I have limited experience with floating coils. Now price,I’m with you there, it definitely can be a show stopper.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Come on AQ 8 Inch!!

Glad I opted for the 11 hour BBB. (Beachnut Big Battery)  That will still give me 9 1/2 hours of run time!!! 🙂

• Like 2

The searchcoil have a good buoyancy point, even if it is very light 230grs without the coil cover, 60grs more with the coil cover.
It must imagine that the mechanical parts around are heavy enough to bring the searchcoil towardsgood buoyancy point. (example the searchcoil coil cable) 

• Like 2

On 10/21/2020 at 6:08 PM, Rick Kempf said:

Well, here I sit - recovering from some minor surgery - the sitting part made more difficult - no more details available....

Today I had Fisher ship the 25th AQ LTD. If I had any idea why it is so infernally slow of them to ship the darned things, I probably couldn’t share the details....but the fact that they give me no useful information about such things means that I am spared the decision on what to disclose.

Mostly folks who have them are learning what they are good for and the consensus is - I think - that like any other detector - they are not good for EVERYTHING. Happily, the consensus also seems to be that they are amazing for a range of interesting and useful things. You can all read about all this elsewhere here.

For me, I am patiently tending my “waiting list” now about 45 or so. Whether FTP will eventually furnish enough machines to clear the list is not known to me, but I am optimistic.

I am surprised, pleased and grateful that the majority of folks on my list are unbelievably patient and polite - You all have my thanks. I am VERY happy that I didn’t go in for “pre orders” “pre payments” of “deposits”. Had I done som my life would be a bookkeeping hell (thank you Steve for good advice!).

When the LTD is done and the “Unlimited” is available, I expect and hope to be one of the dealers for this. In fact, I pretty much feel like I am “all in” for the whole Impulse line.

The Gold is busily in work. Prototypes will be fielded for test and when the time is right it will be “inshallah” introduced. I have bought a new SDC2300 and a nice used Gold Bug 2 to play with in getting ready for the Gold. In the meantime - I bought myself another AQ LTD and am demanding (for that that is worth) to be early on line for an 8” coil to play with the AQ inland - running its paces against the “trial ponies” - all to educate me for the Gold.

Meanwhile, I sit here in Gold Canyon - seeing no-one. I have a couple of “strikes against me” and I am a bit of a “health pessimist” and so the slightest hint of the plague would be extremely unwelcome.

I look forward to next year when we hopefully do more and be more engaged.

Heal up quick Rick. I expect you have been bombarded with emails on the current AQ LTD list. I just patiently wait for updates hoping to see one in the near future.

HH

Mike

• Like 2

I hope they don't add weight to the coil design just to appease the water hunters. That would leave all us non water hunters swinging a heavier coil. It's so easy to add a weight to the coil if you want it to sink. Filling the rod with sand would help as well.

1 hour ago, Badger-NH said:

I hope they don't add weight to the coil design just to appease the water hunters. That would leave all us non water hunters swinging a heavier coil. It's so easy to add a weight to the coil if you want it to sink. Filling the rod with sand would help as well.

I guess they would not do such a silly thing😉

The 8" coil is coming with a removable coil cover (65gr). That could be used as a ballast in the water if the coil happens to float.

Without coil cover, it is very light since it is made with glass bubble-filled epoxy as is the 12.5" coil model.

We strongly feel that a coil cover is optional as the back of the coil is made of very hard epoxy.

Le Jag has never used a coil cover for many years without any visible wearing.

Ask Joe, he has field tested the proto.

• Like 1