Upperstore

Upperstore

I just joined today, I live in Walker Lake Nevada, about two hours south of Reno. I'm an LDMA/GPAA member and went to an outing at Scott River CA last weekend and it was the first time for my wife, it was a metal detector outing.  I brought my Garrett Infinium LS that I have used a couple of times from new, it wouldn't fire up, with new batteries.  Very disappointing, I called Garrett and its on the way to Texas (for repairs).  I noticed on your site that my experience sounds way to familiar, ouch!!  

Well, while I'm awaiting the outcome on the LS my wife says she wants a detector for Christmas.  The Fisher F19 looks like a great little detector to go down to the lakeshore and up on some of the trails around here.  The price on that unit varies quite a bit, like from $499 to $799 with the 10" loop.  I notice that some of the lower priced ones on eBay have a lot of positive feedback and after visiting their store seem legit...any input on that?

I also have a Treasure Finder 900 two box deep search detector in excellent shape I might be interested in selling.

Any comments would be appreciated  

• Like 2

Glad to see you here and very sorry about your detector.

Please tell us what you are wanting to use the detector for, gold, coins, in or out of water, and then we will be able to help you more than you ever expect.

I have my grandfathers Equinox 800 and an old Tracker IV of his that I really enjoy using. I know that there are less expensive models that are just as good as the 800 in the Minelab line-up. Several others can give you a better comparison than I could ever do on this forum so please be patient.

Welcome Us,

Glad to have you! You will find much information here! Steve will probably move this to the Meet and Greet; that is where intro's are, and a list of the forum rules! That should get you started! Look forward to some posts and finds!👍👍

12 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Glad to see you here and very sorry about your detector.

Please tell us what you are wanting to use the detector for, gold, coins, in or out of water, and then we will be able to help you more than you ever expect.

I have my grandfathers Equinox 800 and an old Tracker IV of his that I really enjoy using. I know that there are less expensive models that are just as good as the 800 in the Minelab line-up. Several others can give you a better comparison than I could ever do on this forum so please be patient.

Thank you, If Garrett can repair my Infinium I will use it down at the lake on the shore and in the water.  I'm kind of sold on the F19 for my wife for the shoreline and we've got a lot of trails up in the mountains where there are a lot of old gold mines.

• Like 1

The new Apex is in the same price range and is water resistant, might be worth a look. Also there is the Vanquish series and Simplex.

Garrrett has awesome service, they did a great job on my AT Pro so you should be back up and running with the Infinium.

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Welcome Us,

Glad to have you! You will find much information here! Steve will probably move this to the Meet and Greet; that is where intro's are, and a list of the forum rules! That should get you started! Look forward to some posts and finds!👍👍

Thank you, I tell ya that was some detector outing at Scott River LDMA, about two dozen of us and three or four people found nuggets (the largest couple were about an inch long and almost half an inch wide) and this was just a buried coin shoot.  Nice surprise!  Too bad mine wasn't working.

17 hours ago, phrunt said:

Welcome to the forum.

I think you'll be safe buying a F19 on Ebay, ,as far as I'm aware there are no fake F19's yet, the Gold Bug is the risky variant. 

The prices on them do vary a lot depending where you buy it and certain promos going on from what I've seen. 

Looks very tempting, especially at that price!  Thank you.

6 hours ago, kac said:

The new Apex is in the same price range and is water resistant, might be worth a look. Also there is the Vanquish series and Simplex.

Garrrett has awesome service, they did a great job on my AT Pro so you should be back up and running with the Infinium.

Welcome to the forum.

Good to know, I'll give em a look.  Thank you.

Glad to have you with us Upperstore. Your post caught my eye because I live only one mile down the Klamath River from the Scott River LDMA camp at Scott River. Would liked to have met you if I knew you were coming. I also have a friend that lives fairly near Walker Lake. I visit him and his wife generally once per year, he lives in Yerington, NV.

Thanks Jim, how bout that, Hamburg is beautiful, we stayed at Forest Lodge in Happy Camp.  It was a detector outing, first Time for my wife and after seeing a few of the guys find nuggets just doing a coin shoot she's hooked!  My Garrett Infinium LS decided to quit working the first morning of the outing.  So while its being worked on by Garrett I bought her a new Fisher F19 and we're gonna start in on the shores of Walker Lake.  

• Like 1