Impulse AQ Has Now Landed In Oregon (long Post)

Thanks for your frank and thoughtful report. A nice blend of expectations vs. experience. Actually getting this kind of data was the assignment Fisher gave me - a sort of “Public Beta” - with the difference that you have to buy your “ticket”.

I’m pretty sure that on this forum anyway, the fact that this thing was designed narrowly to find gold jewelry at the beach was clearly explained. If your beaches hold no gold, then a VLF IB machine is the tool you need for coin recovery and whatever else you might come across.

For example. my own air tests showed better depth on a man’s gold wedding band than a silver dollar.

Hopefully you will find a use for it that fits your circumstances or “jobs to be done” - If not, I expect that there are lots of folks who would be happy to purchase it for what you paid (or if they are in a hurry) a bit more.

• Like 7

50 minutes ago, GaryC/Oregon Coast said:

It has to be used in conjunction with other machines. 

Amen to that!

Nice report and some very true words..Thanks for sharing...

• Like 5

This machine grows on you. I guess people's expectations are that you are going to find gold right away. It doesn't work that way. You still have to think where would it be most effective? Those that stick with the machine will find a place and time to use it. This would be a killer dive unit if they made it into one. Short shaft and waterproof to at least 30 ft and I bet you would see some great videos (or maybe people would just keep their mouth shut) 😄

• Like 5

Gary - looks like a lot of us have patience and sympathy for your initial progress.

Keep on and if you are not a happy - give me “first refusal” on the resale - I hav nearly 50 folks waiting.

Good luck and keep working on it.

• Like 1

Sorry to the next 50 on the waiting list( I know the pain), will not be letting this one go too soon.

Gary/C Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Many of us are not coin hunting.......it turns into SOMETHING TO DIG if there just aint nothing out there.   We chase a lot of recent drops here in Fl, but during the winter things slow down and with the greater tide swings targets gather and get moved around...... you just have to work to find them.   Theres a LOT of water to cover...... and in the Gulf we dont have nearly the wet sand area so it get hammered.   However, its also where more black sand and deep targets are.   Patience really is a virtue.   Depth and coverage becomes an asset.   Many of the beaches have been renurished......with the ones farther North of me just now opening to better pay days again.  Can slaw, bottle caps and hair pins will be our greatest challenge.   In all honesty...... 2 tones can be a really good thing......it just needs to be able to ID IRON.  Thats a huge part of the game especially with a PI.   Theres obviously a learning curve to the guys around me with the machine.......most have not used a PI in some time if at all.   The machine is just unique enough most wont be selling them used very soon.   I mean who dont want a machine available as deep as an Eric Foster machine?   Many of the water machines had the popular 8" coil....... with the extra power use i assume that also equates to greater depth .....and i also assume that equals the larger coil making it easier to work areas you just cant with the large coil AND you can get the coil in the hole.   Lets see how that changes the game.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 10:09 AM, schoolofhardNox said:

This machine grows on you. I guess people's expectations are that you are going to find gold right away. It doesn't work that way. You still have to think where would it be most effective? Those that stick with the machine will find a place and time to use it. This would be a killer dive unit if they made it into one. Short shaft and waterproof to at least 30 ft and I bet you would see some great videos (or maybe people would just keep their mouth shut) 😄

A short shaft for underwater work would be nice.  As configured from Fisher, the stock shaft is longer than I like for my type of detecting.

• Like 1