Platinum And A Blind Beach Squirrel

11 minutes ago, dogodog said:

I'm  pretty much a blind squirrel when it comes to the beach hunting thing. This trip totaled about 6 hours over the course of 3 days. Thanks to all you beach members, I've managed to pick up on a few things. I was in the dig it all mode, being not that confident in my sand skills. Did I mention that I hate bottle caps? They sound even better in the sand!!! I was mostly hunting the wet/dry edge and was just enjoying the early morning sunrise. This day I was on a tear of sinkers and caps. Still having fun being away from work though. At 9:00 am my wife came down and joined me for a before breakfast walk. She asked if I found anything good and answered with the usual, Nope just crap. We walked another 20 feet and I got a really nice strong soft tone. Thinking sinker, I started to dig with my homemade plastic scoop. Let me just say DO NOT have your wife with you when you find something really good, It never works out in your favor. In my scoop was a wonderful diamond ring (wasn't to sure at the time) After I rinsed it off a little and felt the weight I knew I had something good. Oh yes she promptly removed it from my death grip!!! After getting home from our trip I took it to a jeweler friend, who offered me $5500 for the diamonds, said I could keep the platinum. Turns out it was a vvs1  1.2 carrat main stone and 8 very nice 2mm stones. Lucky for me my wife said she would keep it (god help me) I haven't seen it since.

IMG_1408.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

WOW, what an awesome find- congrats! Well, at least you got some great pictures of the ring before your wife claimed it! 😉

• Like 1

Persistence, Patience, Perserverence!!!  Doesn't matter what equipment you have!  BINGO!

Gary/C Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Wow!  I wish I had a jeweler friend like that.

Just out of curiosity I would think living in Pennsylvania you went to at beach in New York?  Maybe Mass?

I always like finding some fishing sinkers.  It shows me the energy has been good for moving things around.

Great find.

Mitchel 

Sounds like a great hunt that your wife had, you dig and she hunts you down until she finds what she wants, and glad that you saved the ring.

When I go hunting my wife never's goes with me so I don't have to worry much. I only have to worry about things when they get back to the house and I clean them up a little.

She won't even clean the good things I found in a jar because she says they stink to much.

Good hunting and lots of luck on your next hunt.

• Like 1

The beach was in Virginia, an extended weekend getaway. I'm pretty sure this was all just dumb luck, and walking over the correct spot. But you have to hunt to find for sure. That was the first beach hunt with the MK and 7x11 coil. It really ran quite well in beach mode and 3 tone.

2 hours ago, dogodog said:

The beach was in Virginia, an extended weekend getaway. I'm pretty sure this was all just dumb luck, and walking over the correct spot. But you have to hunt to find for sure. That was the first beach hunt with the MK and 7x11 coil. It really ran quite well in beach mode and 3 tone.

I think that luck is always a factor but I also love the saying, "the more I hunt, the luckier I get" so take some credit on putting yourself in a position to succeed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great find sounds like you deserved it, cool thing is the memory every time you see it on your wifes hand. 

• Like 1

Beginner's beach luck or not; I'm jealous!! I have yet to find anything that nice with all my hours of beach hunting!! Great find! Feel free to find some more!!💍👍👍

• Like 2