This Coming Summer I'm Going To Start With The Gold Kruzer And 4x7.5 Coil

I'm going to use Deep mode, sensitivity 80-90 and disc 0.

By using disc 0 the Gold Kruzer is able to get an air test on my 10k white gold earring at about 3" both ways. I don't understand why increasing disc to 22, which disc out nails, will not hit the gold earring very well. The earring id bounces around 20-45. It seems like it should hit it ok with disc raised. Even disc at 19 doesn't hit good. As the disc is lowed it's only gets slightly better. 0 disc hits best. Deep mode hits it better than all metal. The Deep mode hits it hard and all metal is very quiet hit in air test, maybe 1.5-2". Micro mode has to be almost touching to hit.

So I'm going out with disc at 0 and see how I do. My thinking is I won't miss much gold.

Didn't do very well this last summer. No gold. Got 2 silver earrings with the Equinox 800 and 6" coil for the summer. Northern Michigan is tough detecting.

• Like 2

It seems you have tough areas  to hunt. I used the gold modes on the nox on the sand bars and got a small stainless  engagement ring at a foot that would id at a 1 in air test.If  I used the disk modes it would have  given me a iron  sound.I also got 2 small gold with that mode.You have to pick your spots when to use it. I used park 2 in the shallow gravel spots with much iron in them and picked up many small gold rings. I did not use the gmx much in the water because it does not have id intelligence like the nox  does. I never got to use it on the sand bar that  I hunt since i was doing good with the nox.In the tot lots  i like it more then the nox .It is a machine where you have to pick your spots.By the way  I hit a 102 silver coins for the  year  today all from pounded spots with a  lot of silver jewelry too and mostly in the turf.The nox is one heck of a machine.

• Like 1

Should hit deeper than that in am mode. What is your gb running at? I have been picking up 22 rounds in the 6" range with gb in the 70-low 80's with am in the gold racer. The gold racer gives me rock solid id's even when the target is at a whisper compared to the MK where the id drops off and you can barely hear a target. Thinking the Gold Kruzer is similar to the rest of the Kruzer line in that respect.

One question, do you hear any kind of flutter in your threshold with the GK in AM mode?

• Like 1

From my experience with the Nokta/Makro units, AM mode is a bit weak in depth. I don't think it was meant to be a deep mode, like we are used to with US brands of detectors over the years with true all all metal mode which was threshold based. Digital software based AM mode, is for being able to penetrate soils that are highly mineralized or with in my case black magnetic sands. Where all other modes fail to provide proper target ID-falsing, mixed tones, downgrading towards iron, or wrapping around.....AM mode cuts thru the mineralized ground without too much loss of depth and still responds to the target, such as silver coins on edge.  Think AM mode in terms of using a Pi for tough soil conditions. 

I learned how to use AM mode at our club's seeded beach hunt. The beach sand has magnetic black sand mixed in. Coins are thrown into the sand landing on edge. Those who hunt in disc modes, fail to find the coins, target ID's way off, or just don't see them. Many participants claim not finding targets, while others do better. Reducing sensitivity was no help, you lost too much depth and target response. Popular recommendation by the officials was to turn down sensitivity to prevent interference from other detectors. Yeah right!  The trick to finding the edge coins or any other coins before they were trampled flat by those scurrying around was to use AM mode with a smaller coil. No disc modes, no notching etc. Others would find target when trampled flat in disc modes, if you knew what your detector was telling you in this sandy beach with black magnetic sands. From what I saw over the years here was the White's MXT and the Nox owners found the most. I have hunted this beach on many other occasions with many other brands of machines as have others. The only detector I will use there now is my Pi or a VLF type machine in AM mode.

• Like 3

The sand bar sounds like probably a party spot with boaters.

Kac, my ground is mild, gb 80, mineral 1 bar sometimes 2 and rarely 3. I'm thinking you are right about Kruzers. I would like to see a waterproof Gold Racer. And yes there is a flutter in threshold as sensitivity gets in higher 90's. I'm going to take a closer look at the Gold Racer. 

Yes,it is a party spot where boats can be packed like sardines for nearly a mile on a good day.I hunt the top plus the slopes and there is not as much junk as in close.People like to  play on the  first sand bar and the water is clearer.In close you want to find a spot  where there there  are more heavy objects because of the currents .That is where I got most of my gold this  year.If the gold   kruzer is better then nox in thick iron  I might get one.