Minelab Multi I Q Hype?? Watch This

7 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

So if you don't need to manually ground balance due to higher mineralization

And Multi-IQ does have built in ground handling that makes it less susceptible to the kind of ground conditions that will mess with other detectors that lack a manual ground balance. A person who never ground balances an Equinox will do far better than one might expect, and that carries over into the Vanquish models. The Vanquish 340 being priced at $199 is truly a remarkable amount of power for the money, and in almost all cases will do as well as the Vanquish 540 if outfitted with the same coil. Which in turn is neck and neck with Equinox on most targets.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

• 7 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 1:32 AM, Jeff McClendon said:

I have been wanting to do a little video like this for quite awhile but videos are definitely not my thing. Anyway, I have a contact in the storage unit auction business that lets me know when they win auctions with prospecting equipment. They recently won a unit that they are still going through that had two brand new Minelab Vanquish 540s, a basically new Tesoro Cibola and a brand new Garrett AT Pro. I bought three of them to do some testing and sell later or keep if I liked them. I sold the 540 already since I know what it can do.

This short 4 minute attempt at a video is for target ID accuracy and up averaging of IDs in mineralized dirt. This test video is of four 14kHz or higher mid level detectors on a surface US nickel, 4" nickel and 6" nickel under the gray cap, which has been buried for several years. Also there is a surface US quarter and a 6" quarter under the red cap. The detectors in order are the XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett AT Pro and the Minelab Equinox 800.

The XP Deus is ground balanced at 87 and uses stock Coin Fast at 17.5 kHz with the 9" X35 coil, 90 sensitivity. Please pay close attention to the small vertical mineralization bar on the far right side of the display which stays half to over 2/3s full. The Cibola with the 9X8 elliptical concentric, sensitivity on 8, is set up to just notch out US nickels and hit everything higher. The headphone volume is not very loud, sorry. Notice how the Cibola deeper nickel targets are no longer notched out.......if you can hear the audio and how the Cibola can barely hit the 6" quarter which has been buried for several years. The Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"X11" DD coil is in Pro Zero with discrimination set at 35, no other notching, sensitivity on the next highest setting and ground balanced at 93. The Minelab Equinox 800 is in Park 2. It ground balanced at 2 and the EMI is so bad that sensitivity is set at 14 of 25. I left it in my custom 5 tone very harmonious setting and also did a noise cancel. Otherwise no other adjustments were made. To further handicap the Nox 800 besides using 5 tones (50 tones are more accurate) and sensitivity on 14, I also put the 6" DD coil on the 800. Watch all the way to the end if you can when I do a slightly different test with the NOX!

Again, 3 US nickel targets and 2 US quarters with the deepest targets at 6".

Thanks for watching and my apologies for this poor attempt at a test video. Turn you volume up and because I am dumb, rewind to the very beginning since it starts about 20 seconds in if you don't. My bad.

Jeff

Hi, I have looked the video but could not see the Deus screen. Never mind I understand that detecting in mild soils and mineralized are very different things . And detecting in Colorado is very different from detecting in French mild soils.  Might be interesting to inform the US XP support about this VDI shifting, and see what they answer about this issue ...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, palzynski said:

Hi, I have looked the video but could not see the Orx screen. Never mind I understand that detecting in mild soils and mineralized is a very different thing . And detecting in colorado is very different from detecting in french mild soils.  Might be interesting to inform the US XP support about this VDI shifting, and see what they answer about this issue ...

This was a Deus, ATPro, Equinox video mostly. The ORX was not included. I don’t consider it an “issue” worth mentioning to XP America. As shown by even the behavior of the Equinox using single frequencies, single frequency detectors using any frequency will have skewed target ID numbers in high mineralization. Some single frequency detectors will tend to call higher conductive nonferrous targets iron the deeper they are and other single frequency detectors will call deeper low and mid conductive nonferrous targets as silver range targets. The Equinox using its “Multi” setting does not have this “issue” where I detect.  

• Like 4

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I’ll have a video tomorrow posted on this forum comparing Xp Deus and Equinox tomorrow if’s it is not raining.  Video will show power of multi IQ too.  Don’t think some folks realize just how powerful (versatile) the Nox is to different detecting situations.  Simple test will show.  Eqx audio deserves more credit too imo.  The way it works.

It has helped me to go back and revisit some of the detectors I haven run in the past.  Eye opening actually.  And to think I use to sleep with a Deus under my pillow.

On 6/28/2021 at 7:13 AM, palzynski said:

Hi, I have looked the video but could not see the ORX (Deus) screen. 

Since you couldn’t see the Deus screen………..

Three USA modern 5 cent targets. One on the surface=63,64. One around 3.5” deep=90-93. One 5” deep=95-97.

Two USA 25 cent targets. One on the surface=94/95. One 6” deep =99 to  - -.

So the Deus had severe up averaging of the low conductive non ferrous USA 5 cent target even when it was at a shallow to mid range depth. Also, the high conductive 6” USA quarter was on the edge of detection…..99 to - - with a very faint tone. 

No need to worry. This is normal single frequency detector behavior in my area which is why the Equinox and Vanquish using Multi IQ have a distinct advantage. Unfortunately great multi frequency detectors like the E-Trac, DFX, V3i and the new Garret Apex do not have the same excellent, accurate target ID and overall depth performance here as the Multi IQ Minelabs either. 

• Like 5