Tarsacci - Any News?

stateguy

We like to keep it a secret. LOL

I like mine I just don't post finds much. In 2 weeks I will be in Culpeper, VA and will hopefully meet up with Mr Cambell AKA ChaseGoldman. We hope to give the Tarsacci a go in that hot dirt and hopefully finds some Civil War relics. I'm sure we'll have a lot to say once we return.

• Like 1

Ive had one for the past couple of years..... no. 26 machine.   Im a beach hunter.  Obviously there isnt nearly the number of people who have these as the some of the machine from large companies.    There are 3 others i know here in Fl near me with the machine.  ALL rarely use their other machines now.   If you like the Xcal ran in PP mode you will like this machine running in AM.  It reminds me of a relic machine adapted for beach hunting.   It likes iron which is a good thing in that it will ID iron very well.   When im hunting......first i want to locate a target, the deeper the better, then i want to know .... is it iron?  The machine in AM is quieter than an Xcal..... ya hard to believe.  Those false signals in AM from say minerals ... give you a popping sound which is easily ignored.

When i went to buy this machine NO ONE was posting their finds..... or even talking that much about this machine.   I had a lot of questions for Tom Dankowski at the time before i bought one.  It seemed to be a real mastery machine..... still kind of is.  Its pricy compared to the Nox ....but most machines seem to be.  looking at the other salt water machine thou....... CTX, Xcal, CZ.... its really over priced especially for its build.   One battery.......$5 to replace and you get two.  Those batteries are unbelievable.   Beach hunters also pay for their equipment FAST so we dont look at cost ....and plan for repairs.

I have posted many of my finds...... but i try not to post on every site and not all my finds.   Frankly id prefer not to post them at all but i feel this machine deserves a good nod as a beach machine.   I think its just that good.   It really upped my game the first year.  This years been difficult with the virus for every beach hunter no matter the machine.   Plus many of our Gulf beach were renurished on top of it.   I cant speak as a relic hunter...... but i now see some of the guy in the UK with them.  Most ive seen are liking the machine. 

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 10/24/2020 at 8:56 PM, stateguy said:

Was wondering what’s going on with this machine

nobody really posting anything about it

anyone using one how r you doing with it

What are you hoping to use it for? Apparently does well at challenging beach situations (variable salt, black sand) as Dew attests and in mineralized ground (my situation).  See my review here.  Wouldn't use it simply to coin or jewelry detect in high aluminum trash conditions because IDs are a little bouncy.  Reliable ferrous/non-ferrous target discriminator.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 10/26/2020 at 5:56 AM, dewcon4414 said:

Ive had one for the past couple of years..... no. 26 machine.   Im a beach hunter.  Obviously there isnt nearly the number of people who have these as the some of the machine from large companies.    There are 3 others i know here in Fl near me with the machine.  ALL rarely use their other machines now.   If you like the Xcal ran in PP mode you will like this machine running in AM.  It reminds me of a relic machine adapted for beach hunting.   It likes iron which is a good thing in that it will ID iron very well.   When im hunting......first i want to locate a target, the deeper the better, then i want to know .... is it iron?  The machine in AM is quieter than an Xcal..... ya hard to believe.  Those false signals in AM from say minerals ... give you a popping sound which is easily ignored.

When i went to buy this machine NO ONE was posting their finds..... or even talking that much about this machine.   I had a lot of questions for Tom Dankowski at the time before i bought one.  It seemed to be a real mastery machine..... still kind of is.  Its pricy compared to the Nox ....but most machines seem to be.  looking at the other salt water machine thou....... CTX, Xcal, CZ.... its really over priced especially for its build.   One battery.......$5 to replace and you get two.  Those batteries are unbelievable.   Beach hunters also pay for their equipment FAST so we dont look at cost ....and plan for repairs.

I have posted many of my finds...... but i try not to post on every site and not all my finds.   Frankly id prefer not to post them at all but i feel this machine deserves a good nod as a beach machine.   I think its just that good.   It really upped my game the first year.  This years been difficult with the virus for every beach hunter no matter the machine.   Plus many of our Gulf beach were renurished on top of it.   I cant speak as a relic hunter...... but i now see some of the guy in the UK with them.  Most ive seen are liking the machine. 

IMG_0397.JPG

IMG_0394.JPG

Wow very nice finds does it handle the salt beaches well ?

48 minutes ago, Sal.D said:

Wow very nice finds does it handle the salt beaches well ?

Dew will answer you as well, but excelling at salt beach hunting and high mineralized soil hunting are what it is designed to handle.  I can say it handles mineralized soil pretty well vs. my other "go-to" vlfs for that situation, Deus and Equinox (I would say it is "on par" with those detectors, each having advantages under those conditions the other two may lack - in other words no one of these detectors performs head and shoulders above the other two in hot soil - but of the numerous detectors I have used, these three stand out in hot soil - PI's like the GPX still rule depthwise in hot soil).  Haven't done any salt beach hunting with it yet.

• The title was changed to Tarsacci - Any News?

Sal.... I use mine mostly in the water and some wet sand... but it’s a very capable beach machine.  Like Chase said there’s no perfect machine.  The Nox is great especially for the price and warranty.... but in the salt water the MDT is hard to beat.  Things start getting a little more equal in the wet sand.  But I think the coming 12” coil will really step it up.   Dry sand the Nox has a lot of modes to work with depending on what you want to find.  Never used a Deus but I have friends with um ... great machine but again not an in the salt water machine.  Steve showed a video which was released a bit early apparently.  I like the upgrades to make it waterproof completely.  First time I seen that machine.  Aaron said he had a couple he’d used for testing sounded like he’d sell one.

1 hour ago, dewcon4414 said:

Never used a Deus but I have friends with um ... great machine but again not an in the salt water machine.  

Dew, to be clear, above I was speaking ONLY about hot dirt hunting for the Deus, Tarsacci, and Equinox.  I did not make any recommendations regarding salt beach hunting for those detectors.  I definitely do not recommend Deus for anything other than dry or damp sand.

Unfortunately I try not to say to much about dirt hunting and these newer machines just because I don’t dirt hunt now Chase.  Loved field hunt in Ind and some of the old parks there.  I may take a machine and do some in the spring during my trip.