I Wonder What Garrett Will Do With The Gmx/24k Metal Detector?

With all the money Minelab made in  Africa it seems they should give this machine a good look since it is a very good machine for gold.I would like to see them bring out some epoxy filled  coils too in a lot of different sizes. A  9 by 12  concentric first  for water hunters or 8 by 11 dd .

whites-goldmaster-24k-color-flyer.jpg

• Like 1

Be nice if they incorporate the z-link into much of the Whites line. I have a 9x12 concentric and it works well but in very few areas in my area. Smaller concentrics put bottle caps lower on the ID scale and work better in tougher areas. The 8 1/2x11 dd would be nice for water hunting though. Works very well on my ATP.

• Like 1

They better continue it as it means they'll have a decent Gold prospecting VLF, adding wireless would be a no brainer.  It makes their AT Gold a bit pointless, if anything they should ditch that and continue the GMX/24k.

I hope they don't wreck it by Garretizing it.  It'd be ugly in bright yellow too.  If they change the audio to doorbell sounds I'll cry. 🙂

• Like 5

Put the GMX/24K into the AT Gold housing, make the VDIs actual instead of an iron/non iron probability range and add wireless. Put the AT Gold all metal mode and APEX MF and MS in the AT Pro and ditch the Standard door bell tones PLEASE and add more Proportional tone options like the APEX. The AT Pro is a really nice detector except for the stupid doorbell tone options on three of the mode settings which makes half of the detector's modes useless. Most people just use Pro Zero.

• Like 3

How many detector companies marketing depts actually listen to what the consumer wants?

You were spoiled by Nokta/Makro.

• Like 2
  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to I Wonder What Garrett Will Do With The Gmx/24k Metal Detector?
On 10/25/2020 at 2:28 AM, phrunt said:

They better continue it as it means they'll have a decent Gold prospecting VLF, adding wireless would be a no brainer.  It makes their AT Gold a bit pointless, if anything they should ditch that and continue the GMX/24k.

I hope they don't wreck it by Garretizing it.  It'd be ugly in bright yellow too.  If they change the audio to doorbell sounds I'll cry. 🙂

boing! boing!  taxi yellow!  "ace gold hunter!" ehe! he! heh!

(h.h.!)

j.t.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Cascade Steven
      I am new to gold prospecting and nugget hunting and just recently purchased a new Goldmaster 24k.  To learn more about this endeavor I have been reading as much as possible on this and other forums.  I have read comments on this forum that one advantage of the VLF detector is its ability to discriminate between gold and junk in areas of past or historic mining activity.  And I have also read that the conductivity of gold will vary depending upon its purity.  At the risk of sounding dumb and having missed the obvious, my question is this:  How do I use the VLF to discriminate, find gold and avoid the trash in a trashy area that may have iron scrap, bird shot, empty 22 shell casings, aluminum foil and other modern and old trash?  Thank you to all of you in advance for your patience and help.
    • By Nuggets
      I watched the youtube video of the guy from whites demonstrating the iron discrimination ability to wrap around to the 99 range by pressing the lock button while in discrimination mode. However, on my gmx it keeps only adjusting the ground balance offset, which is what happens normally when you press and hold the lock button. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Id love to knockout 99 numbers. Nate
    • By Theraker
      False signals every time the coil touches anything.   Twigs above the coil touch the wire that plugs into my coil and it gives a false signal.  If my coil touches the ground while I sweep I get pounded with false signals.  I’ve cleaned the coil, lowered sensitivity, raised and lowered Vsat, locked ground balance and manually grabbed ground, discriminated.  I’ve tried new frequencies, factory default, but it won’t stop.  Any bump gives a signal.  Any suggestions? My first nugget is so close I can smell it!  Here are my last finds after 3 or 4 hours but had to stop due to the chatter from my detector. 

• By Dances With Doves
      When I use my Gmx with the 6' concentric  coil in a beach section with a high  concentration of black sand it is overloading all the time and I have to raise coil about an inch   to have it go away.I then go  for the nice zip sound and I usually get a coin because all the light stuff has been swept away. This 48kz  machine is very  hot with this coil.Would a bigger  DD coil stop this overloading?
    • By Bohemia Miner
      Has any one tested the Makro Gold Kruzer against one or the other of the White's detectors listed in the topic?
      Thanks!
      Walt

• By Dances With Doves
      The last time I took it to the  beach I found only 1 penny  while my  friends found about 3.50 each plus 1 had a silver ring.It would not be hard to beat this total so off to a thin but  very junky beach   we went(different beach then other time).There were bottle caps   galore and junk from the many fires this beach has at night plus what is dropped during the day.There was a good cut along the shore and I dug the  nice zip sounds in this black sand section and got about 10 coins and 5 were    nickels  plus a junk iron ring.In  5 sens. setting the black sand would over load without there even being a   target sometimes  . It was that hot in this section.I then hunted in the tan sand and got a clean gold color chain that was iron.Toward the end of the hunt I got a  nice tight zip and out came a moon 10k hoop earring at 1.6 grams.It is the first gold me and my friends have found on the dry sand with    over 100 hours between us in hunting time.The GMX redeems it  self on the beach and gives me 10 gold to be in the double digit gold club with OBN  but  still way behind him.I took it in a pond like area by a creek mouth and the machine did not act any different which is good.I might take it in the water next. I will try to get a  picture tomorrow. I have to learn how to do it.