Mid-depth Interference Fix?

One layer rubberized and an outer layer of "Flex Seal".  First trial in fresh water with just the rubberized seemed to mute the mid-depth interference.  Made the noise easier to tune out--not such sharp reports from waves passing.  Would like to hear back on  some salt trials.

cjc

IMG_3739.JPG

• Like 4
  • Oh my! 1

I have to be honest, I just skip that part of the beach when the surf is hitting that area of the connector and hunt it when the tides have changed. Lower (below the connector) or Higher tide...above the connector. 

Question..How easy does that stuff pull off? 

• Like 1

seemed to help in fresh.  flex seal is just one of many things that could be tried.  even sheidling foil sealed well might work. its the rubberized that has to be cut off.

c

• Like 1

nice product but does it provide shielding?  I think the thickest product will be best--or layers.  Have not determined that it even works yet--just seemed to mute wave noise in fresh water.  Might have just been slow water that day...

c

Several years ago I ran some experiments on the excalibur. It was noisy in rough waters, So I removed the control pod from the water by running it inside my drysuit. The change was like night and day. I was able to use the 10 inch coil with very little noise. The idea has already passed thru my mind, maybe once the warranty is near end. Only thing to do it would be order a stock coil with a longer cable.

• Like 1

Clive is that like plumbers putty with a metal backing...... like used on air conditioning?    Im still looking at that cable being far out in front of  the lower shaft.   Do you not get a lot of vibration from it?   Id think if its picking up the cable not run up the lower shaft there has to be some noise from that vibration.  

On 10/28/2020 at 7:03 AM, dewcon4414 said:

Clive is that like plumbers putty with a metal backing...... like used on air conditioning?    Im still looking at that cable being far out in front of  the lower shaft.   Do you not get a lot of vibration from it?   Id think if its picking up the cable not run up the lower shaft there has to be some noise from that vibration.  

flex seal is just thick rubber.  just a try at reducing the interference--or at least localize it to the coil connnector.

c