Important News From Nokta/Makro

Dear Valued Members,

We would like to share some exciting news with you!

As you know, Nokta Makro has been growing tremendously, thanks to all of you, over the past few years.

During our growth stage, we believe we have proved that Nokta Makro is a serious player in this industry when it comes to development and innovation.

As the COVID hit the world earlier this year, we felt that as a technology developing company, we have a responsibility and a moral duty towards humanity during these tough times the world is going through.

We knew that we could touch more lives and make them easier if we looked outside the detector industry, our core business.

Today, we are proud to announce that we have established a sister company, Quall, which will focus on medical, industrial and consumer electronics products.

Quall’s R&D development team is totally separate from Nokta Makro engineering and Nokta Makro engineers will continue on developing detectors which will always stay as our core business.

On a separate note, earlier this year, we made a big investment and bought a new factory which will accommodate the production and development of both brands.

Our new facility is 11,000 square meters (118,400 square feet) and is located in one of the prestigious industrial parks in Istanbul. The architects are currently working on the interior design of the building and we are hoping to move to our new building in 2021!

We invite all of you to check out the new website of Quall at www.quall.com where the picture of our new building is also displayed.

Quall’s first product QuallThermo – a non-contact thermometer is approaching the end of its development stage and will be available for sale in a couple of months.

We thank you once again for your support and hope to see you as Quall customers in the future as well as Nokta Makro!

Regards,
Dilek Gonulay

• Like 4

Great news Dilek,

I hope you have great success in your new venture, and continued success in detector development, service, and sales!👍👍

Congratulations on the expansion. Looking forward to your roll out of new toys for us.

• The title was changed to Important News From Nokta/Makro

I wonder if I can use one of those on my detector coil so I can tell when it's stabilized.    You would be surprised at how much chatter an stabilized coil can cause.   I sometimes will just wait 15 minutes from the time I exist the truck to the time I start swinging just so I don't have to deal with it.

HH

Mike

• Like 1

should have read....You would be surprised at how much chatter an unstabilized coil can cause.

Mike

And that's what I thought, Sounds like NM wants to focus on non detector based business. This (sister company) will draw needed monies from the detector R&D end to finance the new endeavor. This could ? be bad for future detector development. When sister companies start up they generally pull resources and cash from the existing company. Sometimes this leaves the original company flat. Especially when housed in the same building. I really don't blame them for jumping into the billion dollar covid product market. (way late) by the way. If they do well in an already crowded market, it could? and would inject money back into NM. But that could take years. Non contact thermo units are extremely inaccurate and false many times a day and 200 companies already have the jump on this market. The most accurate thermo is in the butt !!! And as for the 119,000 sq ft building, seems a little small for two mfg. companies. This to me, just smells like a way to hide the fact that new detectors will hold second place to the new start up company. Not sure why they would even post this info? I would just rather guess what they are up to. Sorry for the rant, but I really want to see some good come to market from NM.

• Like 1

Dog,

I think your "rant" 😁 is perfectly valid! Dilek know's full well that she will hear the good, and the bad; another words, honest opinions, here on the forum! Critical thinking is an important aspect of any new venture, and it's important to make sure that N/M is aware that we have a vested interest in their continued success in producing detectors!👍👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, phrunt said:

Dedicated hobby metal detector manufactures are the ones dropping like flies, ...

There are exceptions to this , Xp is a dedicated hobby metal manufacter and it is a success story . Why ? Just because they make excellent products  ...  Because they listen their customers and  have excellent engineers  .. And a top level boss , I know that he tests himself the new products/versions  , not sure that it is the case in all the detector companies ..

• Like 3

Probably a valid rant....their detector R&D was funded via government grants.    If they have to fund their own thermometer development and production out of net profit cash flow then the cash flow drain will have an effect in a currently depressed treasure market.  On the other hand, if this, too, is funded by government grants then probably not a money drain but perhaps a resource drain. A Electrical Engineer is an Electrical Engineer whether they work on metal detectors or thermometers. 

However this new focus has a larger potential payout in the world wide over the counter medical device market with a device with minimum regulatory over site requirements.  IF they can get shelf space.

As stated, I'd like to know when my coil is temp stabilized.  Maybe this will help them with that.

HH
Mike

• Like 1

Never hurts to diversify especially when equipment can be utilized to it's fullest for better return on investment and thus help reduce costs of products. Not sure if they are going in house with such things like injection molding machines, pcb machines etc but to do so and rely only on a small niche market to pay for it makes the final products high.

With instability in trade do to silly virus things floating around it is smart to go in house when possible. I'm sure there will be other products other than thermometers in the roll out.

• Like 2