I Never Thought I Would Get A 100 Silver Coins Again In A Year

With all the damage the many good explorer hunters did in my area to the silver turf population it shows me that the Nox is at or near the top of the class for silver  coins.This is all from hard  hit  spots with about 15 from the water.My   friend who just switched from the   explorer  to the nox(this year) is at 48 and he has won the    title for most silver in a year many times.He has the best  2 silver coins   with a barber half and a seated quarter .I did manage 3 walker halves and a 1894-o barber dime.I agree with  people when they say if they could only use 1 machine that  they would pick the  nox. I am at a 102 so maybe  I can focus on some turf gold since I only have 1  for the year and the only reason  I dug it was because it was a  nickle hit  next to a wheat penny   I just dug.  

• Like 9

Glad that you hit 100 with the Nox, and wish you more luck in the future with it.

I agree about the pictures as we all love to see the results when we are not able to get out.

17 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

He has the best  2 silver coins   with a barber half and a seated quarter .I did manage 3 walker halves and a 1894-o barber dime.

Given that your 1894-O Barber dime is a semi-key, if his best finds are common dates I'd say you oudid him.  What was the condition of your dime?  Did it do well surviving a century in the (fresh-)water?

I'm having my best year ever for old coins but not close to your 100 silvers.  Good to see you've rejuvenated your silver output.

• Like 1

Out here in Colorado in suburban Denver, I'm lucky if I can find 10 silver coins and most are mercury dimes and pre 1964 Washington quarters along with the occasional war nickel and indian head penny. I get more gold jewelry than silver coins..........

100 silvers would be awesome. Well done!!!

• Thanks 1

I focused on gold one year instead of silver and got more in the turf then in the water but it is a lot of work.You  can't compare areas as some just have more then others. I got 96 last year so it was nice to get 100 again.I got 247 in 2001  but it was so much  easier back then with a machine like the explorer and with so much more coins.Hunting  in today parks is like playing a very difficult golf   course in difficult conditions vs.  a easy golf course in  ideal conditions which what  it was like hunting the parks  in the  years  before around 2008.I will try to put some of the coins together to get a picture   since they are put away. Me and my 2 friends   found a massive coin spill with over 1200 silver coins in a spot in 2006 that would have brought me over 500 for the year but that year   I had about 130 individual coins and over 400 from the   spill.About indian pennies,I talked to a old timer who had a paper  route in 1939 who kept records.He  told me that out of 10 pennies he got from his route that about 2 would be indian  pennies even 30 years from the last time they were minted. This would be from upstate N. Y. There still has to be a 1916- d  mercury dime waiting for you in those Denver parks.

• Like 1

!00 silver a year is excellent. 

1200 silver coins is insane! Wow! 

All of my silver is from in the salt / brackish water, not the best of shape which is very sad. But they do melt..

What I like about silver also, I start finding it there could be gold in the next scoop. 

• Like 2

I'm happy with 15 a year, You must be hunting where the rich folks lived. Good job

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to I Never Thought I Would Get A 100 Silver Coins Again In A Year