Minelab Bundles GPX 4500 and SDC 2300

Yes,  The Bundle price is true and I have already sold a few.  I'll be able to ship this week to anyone interested.

I have used the SDC-2300 and ATX both in salt beaches, but will tell you for a fact, some salt water beaches are much more different than others.  I used the ATX in Cancun, MX and it did fine.  I used the SDC-2300 on Atlantic Beach, NC with no issues, but it does float, so you have to have gradual force to keep the coil down on the bottom.  It is not hard to do, but different than my other beach detectors.

I also used the SDC and ATX on a highly mineralzed black sand beach at Lake Tahoe and they ran as expected with hardly any worries.  I do like the ATX more for SALT Beach and the larger coil, but boy is that SDC-2300 a small nugget slayer over the ATX in the gold field.

Just wanted to share my findings, as most folkd don't get to use them all.

Here is one of the videos we did:

• Like 2

What's a GPX? lol

Rick

But wait this isn't an elitist forum? ;)

• Like 2

**Apparently I can't link to a flickr image, so I have no idea how to upload the photo. Sorry.

I ran my SDC2300 over the beach here in Barcelona a couple of months back. Never used it on the beach before, but since it's portable and waterproof I thought I'd give it a blast. What you may or may not be able to see, is all the crap I found in three hours. I also found 2 euros worth of coins. Mostly 2 and 5 cent coins in various states of decay. I ran the 2300 over the beach from right in the mouth of the water, back up to the showers. Most of the nasty looking hooks and big lumps of metal were found about 10 metres from the water. I expect that might be the high water line. I was detecting at low tide.

The tide was quite strong so it was hard to detect and dig out quickly before the water washed back over me again. I'd agree that the 2300 is quite bouyant, but on the other hand for detecting on the sand its a bonus, because it's not so heavy.

The detector picks up everything. Anything bigger than a tiny shard of metal makes it wail off the scale. That was the easiest way to find the coins. The signal is so strong you just know its something dense. However it gets complicated on tiny specks of metal. The SDC is so sensitive that it sounds off even on the smallest scraps and these often fall through the sand scoop and then take an age to locate. I guess it's just practice.

It was a fun day out. I just dug everything to see what was there and paid for a beer in the process. So all in all I came out even.

That said, I'm glad I cleared some of those big hooks out. Those could have been really nasty if a child was running or digging in the sand. The beaches here are regularly "cleaned" by raking vehicles and the people from the council, but you can see what gets missed.

• Like 2

The ATX I figured was a good all around machine for finding small and large nuggets, and searching in lakes and salt water. But it also seems that the GPX 4500 is better at large nuggets and the SDC 2300 is better at small nuggets than the ATX, while the SDC is also just as good in the water as the ATX. 

Looks like it is well worth the extra cash to get both detectors for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I ordered the bundle from Gerry and got it delivered today. I took the GPX 4800 over the 4500. Looking forward to taking his 3-day training next year to get familiar with those detectors before heading into CA for nugget hunting. 

• Like 1