Minelab Bundles GPX 4500 and SDC 2300

Long time reader, first time post so be gentle. 

I just received an email this morning from Minelab that announces for the remainder of December they are bundling the GPX 4500 and the SDC 2300 for $3999, just $249 over the regular price of the SDC 2300 alone.  I haven't found anything on the site that indicates what is included in the package (like possibly the Commander 15X12 Mono search coil in the current $2699 GPX 4500 package).  I'm sure dealers will check in soon as to what is authorized. 

I purchased a GPX 4500 not long ago, or I would be all over this.  In fact, at this price, I may purchase the package, and either keep the additional 4500 as a hot spare, or just sell it. 

I was just about to put my 4800 up for sale and then decided just to keep it.  This deal would have made it even harder to sell.  $3999 for a 2300 and a 4500 is a great real.  

Jim, as you know from being a long time reader, this group is a great bunch.  So no worries about somebody jumping all over you like you see on some other forums.  Welcome.

I was set on getting a Garrett ATX but now I have to consider spending some more cash and getting this deal. Looks awfully good.

Steve,

I know you really like the ATX in salt water. Have you had as much success with the SDC 2300 and do you think it can perform as well as the ATX?

This is a heck of a deal. I was going to buy a 2300 in a few days, now I can upgrade my old beat-up 4500 for $250. Oh yeah. That is some bang for the buck.

• Like 1

I have never tried the SDC on a salt water beach. I only put it in the water once, up at Lake Tahoe. The main thing I discovered is the SDC 2300 floats like a cork whereas the ATX is pretty much neutral in the water. I think the SDC makes a better wading unit than a fully submersible machine. The only guy that seems to have really put the SDC to the test in salt water is Gary Drayton http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk/beach-hunting-with-the-sdc-2300

That is a heck of a deal for the right person.