Long time reader, first time post so be gentle. 

I just received an email this morning from Minelab that announces for the remainder of December they are bundling the GPX 4500 and the SDC 2300 for $3999, just $249 over the regular price of the SDC 2300 alone.  I haven't found anything on the site that indicates what is included in the package (like possibly the Commander 15X12 Mono search coil in the current $2699 GPX 4500 package).  I'm sure dealers will check in soon as to what is authorized. 

I purchased a GPX 4500 not long ago, or I would be all over this.  In fact, at this price, I may purchase the package, and either keep the additional 4500 as a hot spare, or just sell it. 

I was just about to put my 4800 up for sale and then decided just to keep it.  This deal would have made it even harder to sell.  $3999 for a 2300 and a 4500 is a great real.  

Jim, as you know from being a long time reader, this group is a great bunch.  So no worries about somebody jumping all over you like you see on some other forums.  Welcome.

This is a heck of a deal. I was going to buy a 2300 in a few days, now I can upgrade my old beat-up 4500 for $250. Oh yeah. That is some bang for the buck.

• Like 1

I have never tried the SDC on a salt water beach. I only put it in the water once, up at Lake Tahoe. The main thing I discovered is the SDC 2300 floats like a cork whereas the ATX is pretty much neutral in the water. I think the SDC makes a better wading unit than a fully submersible machine. The only guy that seems to have really put the SDC to the test in salt water is Gary Drayton http://www.minelab.com/treasure-talk/beach-hunting-with-the-sdc-2300

That is a heck of a deal for the right person.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      From https://luckystrikegold.com.au/product/detectorgpx6000/
      “UPDATE 14/4/21 We are expecting the new GPX 6000 in next week in very limited quantities.”
      Not a peep out if U.S. dealers, but maybe Minelab is telling them nothing.

• By schoolofhardNox
      So, I decided to try another beach to see if the conditions were the same to find silver. I spent about 2 hours there before I could not stand it anymore.  For such an affluent town, the have the dirtiest beach I have ever detected on. The amount of junk targets and iron were overwhelming. I could not swing without hitting multiple targets. I got a bit of clad, and an 8-gauge shotgun shell casing, so I flew out of there.  🙄 The drive back to my favorite beach was now the goal to save the day. I wandered around for a bit with no luck, so back to the same area where I did good before. I expanded out a bit and the silvers turned to clad. Lots of dimes as expected, as they are hardest to find deep. Found a decent amount of silver. I did not take pictures of the trash, but here are all the good finds from that beach. My beach days are numbered, as the crowds are already starting to show up well in advance of Memorial Day opening. I may try another new beach next week for a bit and see what happens. Weather was beautiful…. The people ?  -  a bit strange. 😵

• By Steve Herschbach
      This is on the Minelab website, not much there now, but I am sure this is where the official release info will appear. They have the page up so it will embed into Google searches, and since it is Minelab, the page should get top ranking soon.
      https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/gpx-6000
      Minelab GPX 6000 Data & Reviews
      Minelab GPX 6000 Accessories and Spare Parts

• By schoolofhardNox
      Went out to 2 different beaches for a mix of GPX and AQ hunting. Tony repaired my headphones for the AQ and also made me a spare set , along with 2 short cables, so I could zip tie the short cable to the machine, and so I would not break the M8 connector. The short cable also converts the M8 to an M12, a more robust connector going to the headphones. So, for the first AQ hunt in a while, I chose my “spot” to see if I could find any low conductors where the GPX had previously run the 18” DD coil. I did not find any coins in that area, but did find little bits of melted copper and lead. So, I ventured out a bit and found the silver Washington quarter,Mercury dime and all the rest of the other coins.  I Later met up with a forum member - Jim in ma, at one of his spots. Thanks for the invite up there. 👍 I used the GPX to see if I could replicate the depth and coin count that I have had previously at my silver beach. This beach was smaller in the dry sand area, but the EMI was considerably less. The sand structure was different too, as I did not hit a clay layer or any of the other layers I was used to. But the principle was the same, and I did score a decent number of coins including the Mercury,  silver war nickel & .925 ring. All in all, it was a fun time out.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Download complete GPX 6000 user guide here

• By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab GPX 6000 User Manual
      GPX 6000 INTRODUCTION
      GPX 6000 Learn #1: What's In The Box - Unboxing of the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector. 
      GPX 6000 Learn #2: How To Set Up Your Detector - Learn how to set up the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #2.1: How To Charge the Battery - Learn how to charge the battery on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #3: How To Get Started Quickly - Learn how to get started quickly with the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #3.1: How to Adjust Volume & Backlight - Learn how to adjust the volume and backlight on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #4: How To Connect the Bluetooth Headphones - Learn how to connect the ML100 wireless headphones to the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #5: Intelligent Automatic Operation - Learn how to reduce unwanted interference when the GPX 6000 is configured for intelligent automatic operation.
      GPX 6000 Learn #5.1: Automatic Sensitivity - Learn about Automatic Sensitivity on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #6: Coils - Learn about the three coil options for the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #7: Double-D EMI Noise Cancel - Learn how to perform a Double-D EMI Noise Cancel on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #8: Advanced Ground Balance - Learn about advanced Ground Balance on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #9: Using Manual Sensitivity - Learn how to adjust Manual Sensitivity on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      GPX 6000 Learn #10: Turning the Threshold Tone On / Off - Learn how to turn the Threshold Tone on and off on the Minelab GPX 6000 gold detector.
      Source: https://www.minelab.com/usa/LearnGPX6000