Beechnut Big Battery Run Time On The Implulse Aq...

On 10/28/2020 at 8:23 PM, cuniagau said:

It took me 4 short hunts to finally run the battery down.  Total run time was approximately 11 hours and 35 minutes.  That sure beat the 3 1/2 from the factory battery.  I ran about 95% of the time in AM and only switched to Tone or Mute to check targets. Running mostly presets on the other settings.  The audio of certain targets is starting to become inbedded in my brain now.  Nickels are easy to recognize now.

That is the main reason I do not hunt for any long period in AM. I don't want to drain the battery down just as I am getting into the groove of things. Joe's battery has solved that problem. 👍 That leaves me with only the problem of finding the right place to get the gold 😄

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

That is the main reason I do not hunt for any long period in AM. I don't want to drain the battery down just as I am getting into the groove of things. Joe's battery has solved that problem. 👍 That leaves me with only the problem of finding the right place to get the gold 😄

Getting the right conditions is the key for So Cal detectorist.  I did get on a spot yesterday for over 4 hours which would have required a battery change if not for the BBB (Beechnut Big Battery).  And I would have spent a couple more hours there but had promised to do a couple of "honey dos". LOL  

When you don't have to charge the battery on this thing every 3 1/2 hours, it opens up your hunting options a lot.  Maybe 3 hours on a morning hunt and 4 or 5 in the afternoon on another sanded out beach.  Again, it opens the options for us.

• Like 2

Whoever does 10 hours a day does not detect in water, because 10 hours in water you end up like a pudding.
So if you are not in the water you can have 4 small 18650 cells on you to interchange.
It is true that you will not be able to make several days with a set of 4 cells 18650. But I do not find that annoying.
It must be recharge at each cession. 😉

Batteries recharge in less than 2 hours during the lunch (1 hour 30) I speak about the final version.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Whoever does 10 hours a day does not detect in water, because 10 hours in water you end up like a pudding.
So if you are not in the water you can have 4 small 18650 cells on you to interchange.
It is true that you will not be able to make several days with a set of 4 cells 18650. But I do not find that annoying.

Batteries recharge in less than 2 hours during the lunch (1 hour 30) I speak about the final version.

I can sometimes do 10 hours on land. In the water I wouldn't last 30 minutes😄 I could never swing the coil that slow fighting against the water.

• Like 1

You take lunch?  Man I don’t even take a water break.  I’m 68 and this year I’ve had some health issues so I’m not hunting as much.  Ask Cliff lol.   I assume a 12 1/2” coil and digging more targets would keep you busy though.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

I like your lunch (1 hour 30) break!!! 🙂

• Like 1

What's lunch? I eat mine while I'm driving home 😄 Sometimes the beaches get busy with detectorists, so if you go to eat, they take your spot.  I bring my drinks with me but when you run out, that's when the trouble starts with dehydration. Joe's batteries will let me detect all day and dehydrate me at the same time 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2020 at 2:09 AM, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

When I was detecting full time, I would do 10 hour days underwater swinging a CZ21...your arms feel like jello afterwards.

I would love to get one of these batteries for my AQ.  So far that is my only gripe...changing batteries at the beach and making sure the seal isn't compromised (I hunt underwater).

• Like 1