Hello metalheads! I’m helping to put together the upcoming 2020 Kellyco Metal Detectors Holiday Gift Guide. Now, I’m not here to plug my site or ask you to look at anything on it (but you can look at last year’s list here if you like). I’d just like to know which gear you think belongs on this year’s list.

Are there any new detectors, pinpointers, or other paraphernalia you’ve used recently that you think would make good gift for a novice or seasoned enthusiast? Even if we don’t carry it already – heck, especially if we don’t carry it already – I’m eager to know your thoughts!

I would be interested in some $50.00 gold pieces for family members, and I won't care if you mark them up to $99.00 each. I think that is a very thoughtful way to have many people go to your store this Christmas.

Just a thought.

• Like 2

I have worked on a few detecting catalogs, and around Christmas it's important to have stuff for people who already have their favorite detector. Diggers, pouches, aptX LL earbuds, scoops, pinpointers, finds containers, mini display cases, or special deals on coils for the most popular models. Items below $150 (below $75 is even better) with pictures can be volume sellers. If it fits in a stocking, push it.

You may consider doing a guide where you highlight what to get people with certain machines. Dad has an Equinox? Here are 3 options or better yet a ready-made stocking stuffer package with the 6" coil, KellyCo finds pouch, finds container, and 2 coin/ring mini display cases for $199.95.

• Like 6

Great advice Tom. Digging pouches and belts, knee pads, any digging tool, pinpointers, wireless systems that work on any detector... generic stuff is always good. The Garrett Z-Lynk system is a particularly well thought ecosystem of wireless adapters, headphones, and pinpointer, that will work with any brand or model of detector.

garrett-z-lynk-wireless-system-1.jpg

garrett-z-lynk-wireless-system-2.jpg

and for the kids, the new NM kids models....

• Like 7

How about creating a virtual stocking. Give 25 choices of random items and you get to pick 5 items to fit into the said stocking for a fixed price. That way we get to choose the items that best fit the users needs. many times I have wanted to buy package deals but I only needed 1 of the items, Not very convenient. More choices are better. Packaged coil deals are also helpful, And can be presented in mix and match form. So we could purchase 2 different coils for 2 different machines. This also works well for diggers, scoops ect. Maybe you could add parts or accessories to the mix as well. Maybe not for this year, but next year you could reach out to various inventors on this site and highlight some new and different products on a first come first serve basis. You could call it inventors row. There are dozens of guys and gals who sell products on a small production platform who are looking for a chance to step up to the next level. I for one know a member who makes a awesome hand digger who wouldn't mind making a few for the community. If you adopted a new inventor product line you would be 10 steps in front of your competition, and also help bring new things to the market place. I look at 25 bland sites a day, I would love to see a new approach to selling products that we want and need. Not just the stuff we can't get rid of sale.

• Like 3
On 10/29/2020 at 10:46 PM, Valens Legacy said:

I would be interested in some $50.00 gold pieces for family members, and I won't care if you mark them up to $99.00 each. I think that is a very thoughtful way to have many people go to your store this Christmas.

Just a thought.

That's an interesting thought indeed! The Chinese are big on giving out silver coins for New Year – I have several that must have been pawned by nephews and nieces of silver bugs over the years. But who could turn their nose up at a little gold coin with Santa on it?

I'm looking into this.

• Like 2
On 10/30/2020 at 10:32 AM, tboykin said:

I have worked on a few detecting catalogs, and around Christmas it's important to have stuff for people who already have their favorite detector. Diggers, pouches, aptX LL earbuds, scoops, pinpointers, finds containers, mini display cases, or special deals on coils for the most popular models. Items below $150 (below $75 is even better) with pictures can be volume sellers. If it fits in a stocking, push it.

You may consider doing a guide where you highlight what to get people with certain machines. Dad has an Equinox? Here are 3 options or better yet a ready-made stocking stuffer package with the 6" coil, KellyCo finds pouch, finds container, and 2 coin/ring mini display cases for $199.95.

I think that would make a good addition to our site even outside of Christmas. It's going to take some research, but I'm looking into it. Thanks for a great suggestion!

Hello just my 2 cents:

-Beanies

-Neck gaiters

-Good gloves who dont fall apart after 3 sessions................................

RR 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

How about  a hookah diving deal?  Those units seem to be getting alot of interest in the detecting community.

Blu3 is going to have a 20% off for black friday, sat and sun.  Wonder if Kellyco will do the same?