A Bling Detector

Almost all detectors i would have thought could be 'used' and called a Bling Bleepa' cannot see what would be special about it for recovering jewellery,any jewellery that is made of what ever metal ie gold,silver or what ever can be found by a 'metal detector'.

Some situations a more specific operating detector like multi freq or Pulse for sea water would be the best machine for the job,coil size i would have said coil size could play a big part also in locating 'bling' as well.

A few machines that i would personally use and not because they are special machines and would increase the chance of finding jewellery but my T2 with 5'' coil,Deus with Elliptical coil and my Nox with 6'' coil.

Some detectors excel better than others,but i cannot see how you could/would produce just a 'bling machine'

• Like 3

Well i use the Whites v3i in correlate and it deliveries the goods ......... but its 11 years old. The Equinox is a bit of a stuff up by Minelab as there vdi are not expanded as with the v3i -95 -0 + 1 -95 which spreads them targets out a bit As in Oz 1 cent close to  the dollar coins with the Equinox 20 vdi with the v3i in the 70 so you can isolate the one and two cent pieces. You are digging a lot more junk with the nox compared to the v3i. using the 7 inch dd Mars Lion coil .......But i would like to see a bippa with some finer faster  ferness. There is a range that the bling falls into if using the v3i you are looking in the low range - through to VDI 19  & you also have them in the higher range. An example of some rings 9.10.11.13.14.15.17.18.19.23.25,27,28,32,34,35,39,41,51,52,62,75.......Pull tabs 18,21,22,28,30,35,36,38,39,41.

This is in parks etc Water is a another story p.i territory if you really want to get depth. But for me at 82 and still out there swinging any thing that will make it easier to retreive the goodies im in for. My pinpointer is fitted to a hollow steel handle a meter long so i can pinpoint with out bending over anything to make it easy.

• Like 2

I actually think that today You still have something good and unmatched talking about target ID.

I fighted to reduce the perfect "golden range" on my Ctx and even with a larger ID scale compared to the Nox, if You don't check for the target trace on the screen, still lot of pulltabs and caps can fool You.

Honestly however, my 8 y.o. machine is the only one that I trust for a dig/no dig decision.

I don't know the ID scale model on the V3i, but for sure it can give a better idea than a Nox with that scale style.

I actually don't understand 50 tones users, cause even if the tone stability is a good trace, what's matter if under the same number are falling dozens of items?

Just my 2 cents...

• Like 2

Me thinks you are SOL on that "just bling detector".  Due to different sizes, weight, gold or silver, depth, purity, etc. etc., your "bling" is gonna be all over the map from low to high.  I believe you'll just have to stick with what all "bling" detectors unfortunately have to do and that is dig it all..... jmo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If your looking for gold rings and jewelry your going to dig aluminum whether its half a square tab, part of a ring pull or folded ring pull, balled up foil. All sound and look good no matter what machine. Persnally I like the 0-40 iron range and more sensitivity to the low conductors like AT Pro and Gold Racer have but like the higher frequency on the Gold Racer over all my machines for that sort of hunting. Clad rings nice and high and easy to pick out at the high end and you have a longer range of numbers for the aluminum nickels and gold. You can do much the same with the Orx and 9" round HF.

• Like 1

Here is a photo of all the stuff I have to dig to get some "Bling" and some gold and silver this year so far. I already put FIVE bags of USA clad coins (same size as the pull tab bags in the photo) in the bank. I won't say what detector did this work but I bet you can figure it out since it is the one some of you like to bash.

thumbnail-8.jpeg

• Like 6

Fair amount of square tabs and of course rings are almost always mixed in that stuff :(

Nice digs!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pinpointa said:

Having a lower range and medium so you can just get bling with a bit of rubbish included.

On the detector I use, I can optimize it frequency wise for lower conductors and individually reject or accept single target ID numbers. So if I want to just concentrate on women's and men's gold rings for instance I accept every ID number that is in the 9K to 24K ring range, reject all the rest and just dig anything within range that has a good repeatable tone and steady numbers. I still dig plenty of trash but I get enough gold rings to keep me interested. It takes less than one minute to set this up.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to A Bling Detector