AQ Starting To Make Some Sense

Low water at the local hole today. Low enough that I had wet sand to do some testing with. I can call fish hooks well in the wet sand in all metal ... but not well in the water where I don't have the same ability to change coil speed like over the wet sand. Got lots of lead today, not too many fish hooks other than those attached to rigs with lead or with brass swivels. A couple of deep nickles, one really deep spark plug and one junk child's ring. Was chest deep over a target that sounded really good ... and the battery died. Didn't pack the second one because I had to take care of some other things today, so it was my alarm clock to head home ... and enough of a work out in the shape I'm in. A bit sore this evening, but it is a good sore.

Cheers,

tvr

• Like 9

Monday is the day...be ready. looks like a major blow out..

Looking like I was wrong now...Just a good lowtide..

Wait ..looks like it's still on... I need to find a good spot to hunt..unfortunately I think I will be taking the excalibur for I'll be in area's of uncharted hunting. Who knows what will be encountered

123431775_764195174169286_4661632368782821485_n.jpg

• Like 3

Smaller coil will help with the sweep speed.

• Like 3

On 10/30/2020 at 10:04 PM, tvr said:

Low water at the local hole today. Low enough that I had wet sand to do some testing with. I can call fish hooks well in the wet sand in all metal ... but not well in the water where I don't have the same ability to change coil speed like over the wet sand. Got lots of lead today, not too many fish hooks other than those attached to rigs with lead or with brass swivels. A couple of deep nickles, one really deep spark plug and one junk child's ring. Was chest deep over a target that sounded really good ... and the battery died. Didn't pack the second one because I had to take care of some other things today, so it was my alarm clock to head home ... and enough of a work out in the shape I'm in. A bit sore this evening, but it is a good sore.

Cheers,

tvr

Dare I mention these two in the same breath but with both the AQ and the Equnox--once you begin to hear the really "bitty" responses--and learn to use the coil to check for consistency--your accuracy takes a quantium leap.  Both have a lot of juice and it tends to surround these little pins and foils to make them sound fuller and more solid than they are.  In either instance--listening for a peaked sound is important--indicating something that is really standing out from the surrounding ground.  cjc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, cjc said:

Dare I mention these two in the same breath but with both the AQ and the Equnox--once you begin to hear the really "bitty" responses--and learn to use the coil to check for consistency--your accuracy takes a quantium leap.  Both have a lot of juice and it tends to surround these little pins and foils to make them sound fuller and more solid than they are.  In either instance--listening for a peaked sound is important--indicating something that is really standing out from the surrounding ground.  cjc

Clive,

Thanks for mentioning the peak. I'm hearing that fuller sound on small foils and little split shot sinkers ... and will need to think more about discerning the "bitty" responses and peaks when I'm over a target. Funny how quickly I became one with the HHPulse. This one (AQ) is going to take me more time, yet it is definitely showing me it's potential.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Cheers,

tvr

• Like 1

The “peaking” CJC is talking about is very real. It is a result of the amazingly responsive AQ’s signal processing. It is this feature which give it highly informative audio signals to the user. The problem is that these are “pure” signals, unprocessed by any software. The processing and interpretation is left entirely to the the brain of the user!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thats the NOX's problem.  Overprocessed.  Would be an insane first machine to learn.  Can't tell the flyspecks from the garbage can lids.

cjc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 3:35 PM, cjc said:

Thats the NOX's problem.  Overprocessed.  Would be an insane first machine to learn.  Can't tell the flyspecks from the garbage can lids.

cjc

Well I thought it was me that was unable to tell target size with the Nox!!!!!

However I do work in one tone and with one tone I do have confidence in small targets sometimes.

But tell the difference between a dime and a silver dollar. Forget it!  Thanks Clive!

Dave

• Like 1