Really !!!!! Digging For Gold Nuggets Is This Easy?

Happa54

Hey Everyone;

I just don't know what to do think about this video.

I will be in the Philippines for several months when the travel ban is lifted. Taking my Nox with me. 

Found several youtube channels on metal detecting there and here is one that blows my mind.

I know nada about metal detecting for gold, but based on my coin & relic experience, something about this video motivates me to post this for comments.

From the user's coil control, depth of the nuggets, soil conditions....I pray it could be this easy.

Watch this and please give me your thoughts.

• Confused 1

My comment: Way to ruin a perfectly good machete'.  Maybe he has found enough gold now to get a decent shovel and scraper. :laugh:

The Phillipines are supposedly sitting on the second greatest gold reserve in the world but the mining industry is severely regulated by the government.

Doesn't appear to be gold bearing soil, but who knows...probably fake.

• Like 2

@jasong,

Your post sums it up very well,its easy to make fake these type of videos rather than the reality of what is actually involved in the finding gold in the real world.I have have never done any form of gold nugget hunting but i do love reading all the real life adventures that the pro's get upto when hunting for gold around the world.

Anyone pulling up gobs of gold like this would not be bothering to make teaser videos,
they'd be too busy.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 1:55 PM, Chet said:

If it was so easy with a metal detector then many in the Philippines would not be mining in deep mudholes such as in the following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8psB-o-er5k

Well we all know there is shallow and real shallow Gold .. And there is deeper deposits.  

The geology of every different place is different..

Here we have deeper gold and we also have very shallow deposits. 

Nothing like austrailia but shallow enough to unweed and pick nuggets from the dirt. 

13 hours ago, phrunt said:

Only a few times have I managed to get a gold target on video, but never the actual complete dig.    This was my closest one to a full dig on video.

Very nice, Simon. Also, I am amazed how stable your threshold sounds at HY/normal/20. Equals to HY/difficult/10 where I hunt....

The video looks like another click-bait scam, nothing to do with the real sweat and toil of finding genuine gold.

Plus, the coil is flopping around, and the swings are so wild and random, if there really were nuggets in the ground, they missed 80% of them. . . .

All the best, and be safe on your trip,

Lanny

I

• Thanks 1