Need Advice To Repair Detech 7" DD Coil Cable (used With MX Sport)

The coil cable has developed what I think is a discontinuity on one or more wires at or in the molded plug. Plug says: "Amphenol". There are 8 conductors. Does anyone here know the part number for a replacement plug to fit the jack on the rear of the MX Sport control box? 50 years ago I soldered a shortwave radio kit together; I'm quite rusty, but perhaps I could solder a new plug on (doesn't NEED to be waterproof). TIA!

1 hour ago, Chase Goldman said:

All they can say is no if you give it a shot to have them repair it.

Two other options are to ask them to sell you the connector or short of that, ask for a part number.  Amphenol is big and widely distributed so if you can just get a part number (yes, I realize you, J.C., asked specifically for that) you should be good-to-go.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Neither the authorized repair place, Centreville Electronics in Virginia, nor Detech offered the slightest bit of assitance. No Part Numbers, no offers to repair, Nada... They both wanted to sell me a new coil. I'm kinda angry with both these operations right now, and will try to remember their callous attitudes in the future. Just put it in the mix for your future dealings. YMMV.