Bernoulli's Principle

Hey everybody,

I'm wondering if anyone has had success in applying Bernoulli's principle to recover recent drops in shallow water on the beach?

Something like this but scaled down:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airlift_(dredging_device

I was thinking something simple like some pvc pipe and a submersible water pump could do the trick.  The tesoro coils look like they would work well with this due to the hole in the center.  

Trying to save my aching joints from chasing those floaty pulltabs, pennies and nickles. 

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

• Oh my! 1

I enjoy digging...It's the anticipation.

Dredging......Most public beach's or area's that is consider illegal. 

That being said I have done mining, digging holes, moving rocks, sifting, using a floating sifter. I've even used a seadoo scooter to blow out areas then metal detect them. 

At 68 now I just like going hunting, not bringing along a arsonial of things to transport.

• Like 5

Joe,

Your legendary status is just fine without the arsenal! 

Just a man, his sidearm, (detector), and his trusty steed, (scoop)!!🤠👍👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It may work in very sandy areas, but the shells and rocks would clog a small pipe. Increasing the pipe size means more power and greater visibility. You'd get spotted in a heartbeat. I dream of that unit attached to a small boat with the detector below it doing all the work for me 😄. Would be nice to do it on private land in ponds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I enjoy digging...It's the anticipation.

Dredging......Most public beach's or area's that is consider illegal. 

That being said I have done mining, digging holes, moving rocks, sifting, using a floating sifter. I've even used a seadoo scooter to blow out areas then metal detect them. 

At 68 now I just like going hunting, not bringing along a arsonial of things to transport.

you're right, if I take an arsenal with me it might take the fun out of it.  I had a target today that I had to give up on over being 20+ digs into it.  It got me thinking about how to recover targets more effectively.  Thanks for your input Joe, I hear you're a legend.  I think I heard gigmaster mention your name, nice to meet you. 

21 minutes ago, schoolofhardNox said:

It may work in very sandy areas, but the shells and rocks would clog a small pipe. Increasing the pipe size means more power and greater visibility. You'd get spotted in a heartbeat. I dream of that unit attached to a small boat with the detector below it doing all the work for me 😄. Would be nice to do it on private land in ponds.

I was thinking maybe a nemo blue attached to a 3-4" pvc pipe that emptied into a collection basket of some sort. Perhaps even some sort of wet vac too would work.  Maybe its over the top but the ideas start running in my head and I can't stop them 😀

• Like 3