New TDI Model?

oddcoiler

Speaking of PI detectors.

Now that Garrett has aquired  White's.

How about a multi frequency Whites TDI ???

98 frequencies from the Infinium.

Added to the Whites TDI with it's incredible ground tracking and ground balance.

That sounds interesting !

I would have liked to have seen the TDI in the water-Proof "Sport" platform with a variety of coil sizes.  Whites really missed the boat by just modifying their Beach Machine.

When I first started selling Metal Detectors I was confused by the Infinium's 96 Frequencies.  It's Pulse Induction.  It doesn't operate on a Frequency, right.  Then I realized it was like a cordless phone with 96 "Channel's".  There would have been less confusion if they would have used THAT terminology instead.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly no, they are not making anything at Garrett's with a White's name on it, BUT the woman that I spoke with at Garrett's office today eluded to the possibility of the Garrett engineers eventually doing something new with the White's product line.  As of this time though, there is nothing but dust and an empty White's building...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Doesn't the SeaHunter MKII use similar/same multi frequency as the Infinium? Never noticed it having any benefit but it does hold a smooth threshold here in the NE.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Sea Hunter II on South Florida beaches and if you like digging Bobby pins and nails like I did yesterday - along with treasure - it's for you.  Whereas, the Infinium is a two-tone machine giving you some discrimination abilities - along  with ground balance function.  The Infinium will save you some worthless target digging but it's not a panacea - I.e., not a perfect solution.  Match the tool to the task.  On the beach, or even elsewhere?   Want a factory warranty?  Then get a Minelab Equinox.  Or even a new, from dealer, White's TDI Beach Hunter.  They have a one year warranty on them from now wholly-owned-by, Garrett.  Or, even locate a Minelab Sovereign GT, but they're difficult to find, and you may have better luck mining for diamonds in your bathtub than finding the GT. LOL.  I know, I tried.

20201206_101550.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 1:02 PM, Bohemia Miner said:

I would have liked to have seen the TDI in the water-Proof "Sport" platform with a variety of coil sizes.  Whites really missed the boat by just modifying their Beach Machine.

When I first started selling Metal Detectors I was confused by the Infinium's 96 Frequencies.  It's Pulse Induction.  It doesn't operate on a Frequency, right.  Then I realized it was like a cordless phone with 96 "Channel's".  There would have been less confusion if they would have used THAT terminology instead.

Be nice if a person could choose between any one or any multiple of those frequencies.

Like notching on or off any or all the operating frequencies.

???

On 12/6/2020 at 10:18 AM, BeachBunnyTRHunter - DP said:

I use the Sea Hunter II on South Florida beaches and if you like digging Bobby pins and nails like I did yesterday - along with treasure - it's for you.  Whereas, the Infinium is a two-tone machine giving you some discrimination abilities - along  with ground balance function.  The Infinium will save you some worthless target digging but it's not a panacea - I.e., not a perfect solution.  Match the tool to the task.  On the beach, or even elsewhere?   Want a factory warranty?  Then get a Minelab Equinox.  Or even a new, from dealer, White's TDI Beach Hunter.  They have a one year warranty on them from now wholly-owned-by, Garrett.  Or, even locate a Minelab Sovereign GT, but they're difficult to find, and you may have better luck mining for diamonds in your bathtub than finding the GT. LOL.  I know, I tried.

20201206_101550.jpg

Yes

I will Never part with my Sovereign GT.

A Beast !!!

I am truly wondering how it will do in Alaska gold fields with a 6 inch coil.