Water Fairly Well Blown Out Of The Local Hole

No doubt Silver...Sounds like you had a good day with the "AQ" .. 

I went with the Xcalibur today, just not confident enough ...yet... to hunt uncharted areas with the "AQ" ... Tuesday and Weds lows look decent but nothing like today's. I'll be using the "AQ" weds..Good Luck if you get out!!

• Like 1

That ring sure took a beating. The water must be awfully tough on silver. 

20 minutes ago, okara gold said:

That ring sure took a beating. The water must be awfully tough on silver. 

Something about the combination of brackish water, a lot of decaying organic matter and fertilizer run-off in this area that tarnishes gold and cakes up and eats silver. Not sure of the chemistry of it all but it is tough on silver. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

No doubt Silver...Sounds like you had a good day with the "AQ" .. 

I went with the Xcalibur today, just not confident enough ...yet... to hunt uncharted areas with the "AQ" ... Tuesday and Weds lows look decent but nothing like today's. I'll be using the "AQ" weds..Good Luck if you get out!!

I'm finding a wider swing over targets (wide enough to make sure both edges of the coil clear the target by half a coil width or more) gets more of a double or modulated sound on bad targets in all metal, even at slower coil speeds due to drag in the water. Still not much time on the AQ but am getting more and more interested in seeing the release of the 8 inch coil.

I've got a water pump to replace on my truck so I might be done detecting for the week. Good luck to you if you get out.

• Like 3

Congratulations on the silver, the bay is sure hard on it. We had a nice low tide yesterday. I feel your pain with the leaks. I need a new drysuit this year. I got soaked yesterday.

HH

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

7 hours ago, kac said:

Hydrogen sulfide will do that, turns lead sinkers black too.

I think you are right on that one. With the decaying leaves and goose droppings in the sediment; many scoops come up with the smell of a failed septic system.

• Like 1

See more of that where people fertilize their lawns and you will see algae blooms. There is supposed to be regulations against that but are often ignored.

• Like 1