What Features And Performance Improvements Would You Like To See In The Next High End Minelab Coin Detector?

Redneck

"True waterproof" That's a good one. More coils to choose from. Hodo display and other optional target displays. Also agree on no controls on the side. That's a possible area for leaking. Lighter and better balance. Have different choice of coil sizes when you purchase. Vlf or new technology and pi w/ disc combined in one detector and keep it light. Keep a gold mode in it. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rick N. MI said:

Vlf or new technology and pi w/ disc combined in one detector and keep it light.

You forgot 'affordable'.  😁  This thread is a wish list so yours qualifies.  I doubt if my body has enough years of detecting left to think I'll ever experience this (even ignoring the affordability part), but doesn't hurt to ask.  The Equinox was cutting edge (among all-purpose detectors, anyway), lightweight, and affordable.  I hope ML continues this trend.

• Like 2

I'd like to see a truly waterproof GPX 5000 with 2 more additions :  1) Extremely good EMI control, with no trade off in losing depth. 2) The ability to use coin and relic timing in more mineralized soils, not just at the beach or in extremely low mineralized soils. That would be a really good detector I would be interested in.

• Like 1

All cool suggestions, but man, I'm just happy to have such an awesome detector. If my wife hadn't surprised me with the Nox for my birthday, I'd still be swinging my beat-up old White's Prizm and hunting a lot less than I do now.

But while we're playing this game... how about + & - volume buttons on the face for quick volume control and +1 on the Forward and Reverse menu buttons too. 😉

Yes, I would definitely want a longer cord and be able to hip mount it. Last summer I hip mounted my Equinox 800 lake hunting. This year I'm calling my Equinox 800 a splash proof detector and will not taking it deep. I'm going to get an Anfibio Multi for that. I like that it is rated to 16'. 

I would like to see an extended ID Range.

Better EMI suppression

Don't run the F*#@&)%^ price so high us common folk can't afford it. This is not a p!$$!$% contest to see who has the most money, where only the "elite professionals" can afford the better equipment. Don't take a pee on me and tell me it's raining Minelab. Us common folk deserve a decent detector that will last more than 3 months without needing warranty "service".

• Oh my! 1

16 hours ago, TerryinHawaii said:

More depth while hunting in the ocean.

Really ????????????i think it has more than enough!CTX maybe a tad deeper after that you will need to get a PI 

RR