What Features And Performance Improvements Would You Like To See In The Next High End Minelab Coin Detector?

Redneck

A transporter button right next to and integrated into the pinpointer that brings the buried item to the surface without digging.

The vastly higher tech would also enhance the rest of the detector functions .......

Like anti-gravity coils to auto balance whatever detector it's mounted to. With a detachable Hover Coil option that turns any machine into a joystick operated metal finder you can use from camp , It would also work underwater.

An injectable nano headphone device would instantly dinosaur all previous HP tech.  

• 11 months later...

Better use could be made of the situation where the machine is powered up with the coil disconnected.
It's good that the battery strength bar-graph functions in this 'mode' , I frequently check on state-of-charge, and appreciate not having to plug in the coil just to do this. So I think that the '88' display could usefully display more detailed battery info, such as the actual voltage: '40' == 4.0 Volts , or a 1->10 indicator.

In addition, it would be convenient to see what firmware version is in the machine, and the 88 display could usefully provide this info in this 'no coil' mode. Possibly in a 'code' form, the lack of decimal point makes displaying 1.3.2 etc troublesome.

• Like 1

A voice that tells us exactly what is under the coil before we dig “gold class ring”, or “walking liberty silver” would be an awesome upgrade and would surely give ML a leg up  over XP and the D2. 😂 In all seriousness, as others have indicated, better waterproofing and stronger coil ears. Further, I like to pack my Nox’s in a pack to get where I’m going, so:

1.  A foldable control box or the ability to remove it (control box) and carry it elsewhere like the Deus would be a solid improvement.

2. A carbon fiber rod/shaft system as stock. I know the aftermarket CF shaft builders would disagree with this idea. 

3. For those who have multiple coils and don’t have each mounted on their dedicated lower rods, a quick disconnect type of system to make coil swaps a bit easier could be a nice feature.

4. A foldable type arm cuff. I carry 2 or 3 detectors in the same kit and have found that the width and rigidity of a stationary arm cuff sure takes up a lot of width in my bag and makes getting everything crammed in the bag a bit difficult. 

5. A more modular system vs the current fastener system that allows the control box, arm cuff, and coil to be easily removed (quick disconnect, etc.), and easily and quickly reattached without having to deal with multi-piece fasteners. 

IMO, these are all just “nice to have” features and not necessities. I believe that ML is always centered on top notch performance, and I think we can bet that the next ML machine will take aim at outperforming the D2. Therefore, aside from performance/software and waterproofing upgrades, I think they would be smart to concentrate on ergonomics and portability on the next machine. 

• Like 2

An upgrade Equinox will need more coil choices and light weight coils. I would like more controls of the audio so I can adjust the tones the way I want. Tones like a Deus instead of like a flute. A light weight detector with better balance. Good waterproofing and go deeper in the water. Increased separation, more depth, emi resistant. I would be happy with that for my water detector and keep the price lower.

if they made an adaptor that allowed the nox remote to fit a deus stem that would be ideal

with a smaller coil also ideal .a lot cheaper thana deus 2 as well