High Frequecy Pin Pointer

I compared Pinpointer Minelab Profind 35 and in-line probe Sun-ray DX-1 for Mxt ..

Both pinpointers were tested on the sides of the probe - because they had the highest sensitivity and range there.

the sensitivity setting was to max ... Profind 35 sensitivity max, and Mxt to Gain +3, GB 50-lock .. and threshold to the limit of readability ..

For Spectra Vision I used a stable setting of 1F 22.5 khz best data,7.5 hz Band filter.. rx Gain 6, Ds 88 ..., because Dx-1 is not optimized on the spectra Vision...

In Testmikro 2.8mm -0.07 gram 18k gold Earings,... 0.02 gram 24k gold,.... 0.1 gram 24k gold...

IMG_20201109_110750 (3).jpg

• Like 3

The Tek-Pulse/F-pulse is 15ns.   Too low of a pulse delay for tiny gold.

When the Tek Pulse/FPulse was first released,  1st Texas left me with the impression that they would consider work on a gold prospecting model with a better pulse delay for tiny gold.  I don't know if it became a real project and if so, what stage it might be in.  

Ground balancing vlf probes like the TRX work pretty good for the most part and its simple to cancel the ground or a hot rock.  I can balance to loud ground, then re-balance to a rock if I need to (and have) if there are a lot of them.  I sing the praises of the TRX a lot as its a perfect pinpointer for gold hunting.   

HH
Mike

Mike ..., Simon .. Delay 4us at PI from Fisher is a really interesting result ... so you can expect really good sensitivity ..

Now I have only one question ... When will Fisher start producing this PI Gold-pinpointer ...

But that's probably the question for Rick Kempf ..👍

I tried the TRX  on the toughest micro gold target which would be  a 3 mm 10k white gold stud earring and it would not hit it.It would  hit a very small yellow gold earring back at 1/8 of an inch and a bigger one at 3/8 of an inch.It would also hit a small 3/4 inch   diameter hollow 10k yellow gold hoop earring at  about an inch. It would be something if they made a pi pin pointer that would hit my 3 mm earring.This is on  the 3 setting. If  I have time   I will try the 4 setting. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dances With Doves said:

I tried the TRX  on the toughest micro gold target which would be  a 3 mm 10k white gold stud earring and it would not hit it.It would  hit a very small yellow gold earring back at 1/8 of an inch and a bigger one at 3/8 of an inch.It would also hit a small 3/4 inch   diameter hollow 10k yellow gold hoop earring at  about an inch. It would be something if they made a pi pin pointer that would hit my 3 mm earring.

I have a TRX also mine will pick up small flakes of gold and Im sure it would scream over a gold ear ring backing 👍 There either is something wrong with yours or your not doing something right or maybe counterfit :ohmy: Mike C...:ph34r:

20 hours ago, Mike C... said:

I have a TRX also mine will pick up small flakes of gold and Im sure it would scream over a gold ear ring backing

For starters, he was on sensitivity 3 out of 4....

My real frustration with limited pinpointer range is not finding the gold but finding the 25 small fragments of lead and birdshot that I dig before getting a small nugget. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

With .12g of lead my Whites Bullseye II will sound off on it steady when touching. The ML Profind 35 will just blip and go silent.

The Whites runs at 36khz. I use it more because it doesn't interfere with any of my detectors and doesn't randomly start falsing. I also prefere tip only. Not sure if there are other pp's out there with similar or higher frequency.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

My F-pulse randomly starts falsing....

You mean out of the ground, just sitting there after turn-on, it drifts?