I was busy last week, or i would have been there! No social distancing when the blue bags get exposed! I need to get some of Valens Legacy super stink whale oil, and slather it on! Then i will have at least a 100 ft. zone to myself! 😂👍👍 

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, Joe D. said:

I need to get some of Valens Legacy super stink whale oil, and slather it on!

Do you need me to send you a rag that has some on it. They are hanging on the back fence and when the wind blows from that direction we have to close the windows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, FloridaSon said:

Equinox owners racked up on musket balls and other relics.

Looks like a great hunt and some day I will have to get down there to join in the fun.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Like 2

I finally got there Friday, at the blue bags for about 5 hours! I got to break in my Nox 800 "box of parts" that i bought for $315, and cobbled together a working unit!

Still need a few more feet of sand removed! Here's what i came up with!👍👍

20201106_212528.jpg

20201106_212156.jpg

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By F350Platinum
      Another day out in the farm. I am grid searching about 100 acres, only going about 36 feet at a time per day laterally. Every day doing this I have dug interesting relics. Today was no exception, this stuff is as old as America, in some cases older. I wish I could regale everyone with fabulous coin finds and gold, but I find very few coins here. Some are cool though, and again very old. I'm hoping I can piece together some kind of picture as to what was going on here, it will take some historical research.
      Usually button finds dominate the day. Today I found only one, a two-piece 1800s-ish round button with the shank still intact. It blasted in at a very loud and solid 23 on my Equinox. It is the third such button of it's kind I dug out here.
      From the top left:
      Shoe buckle, found in two different places. These are very rare to find in one piece on a farm. Some sort of pin with a hook on it, a spoon handle - weighs 7.1 grams (quite heavy for its size), and rings when dropped. It was a 25. No identifying marks. I don't think it's silver, but it is mildly magnetic. I test most everything with a really strong neodymium magnet.
      The small object was a very strong and solid 15, but it really doesn't have any identifying characteristics. Next is a leaf shaped piece of metal that decorated something, again mildly magnetic. 2 buckle fragments, one may be silverplated.
      Bottom row is a piece of non magnetic metal that is not lead but is very heavy, and what I believe is a modern black powder slug. All in all nothing really exciting, but it does make digging all the pull tabs, can slaw, shotgun shells, tacks and buckshot more tolerable. Unfortunately I can't notch anything out because I wouldn't find what I keep.
      It's going to rain for the next 3 days so that's it for a bit! Ya get a break. 😀

• By schoolofhardNox
      So I'm still trying to milk the same cow 😄 I figured until it stops spitting silver on me, I will continue to ask for it. Long day at the beach 8:30-5:00, but the weather was decent, as I dress well for the cold. I'm getting to be a delicate flower in my advancing years 🤔 I'm using the GPX all day for this hunt and digging select areas and removing all iron so I can hear the deep targets.I hit a patch that started producing exclusively wheat pennies, so I knew that the chance for silver was very possible.  It did produce some silver but the ratio was mostly pennies. Moving over just a bit, the wheats turned into memorials and the clad followed as well. Not a bad day with 8 silvers, but I worked harder than usual for it.The beach is slowly sanding in and the easy stuff is gone. No gold again, but switching the timings on the GPX did start getting me a lot of nickels, including a handful of Buffalo. Jewelry was missing as usual, but the spoons sure weren't lacking 🙄 So here is everything I dug. Lots of junk too. It was great to get out and enjoy the hobby.

• By F350Platinum
      Got up to 60 today, one of those insane days where it starts out cold (35) and a warm front comes through. Just coins and relics today, but some firsts.
      Of interest is the smallest button I have found yet, I have dug about 100 of them in the last 4 months in this field. It's only 3/8 inch! Third one from the left in the photo. Testament to the Equinox ability to find really small stuff, but the tiny thing next to the wheat penny came in at a strong 18, I have no idea what it is. 3 Tombacs, one is concave and one is the first cast one I have found.
      Wheat penny is a 1941. The large bullet is a .45-70 bullet probably fired from an 1873 Springfield "Trapdoor". At first I thought it was Civil war era, but it isn't. I found a .45-70 shell a while back.
      I think the item second from left top row is a Schrader valve wrench, I remember them when I was young. You could also use it as a valve stem cap. Small square nut made of copper and a watch crown. It was great to get out in some "decent" February weather!

• By Rivers rat
      Hello to all ,went to a secluded beach today,just to make sure i knew how to detect again it wasnt warm but sunny,and my fishing jacket kept me nice and toasty.As i got the luxury to have 3 times more digging tools than arms,i choose a spade for a change over a scoop.A cheap spade i bought on a road trip a while back when my old one broke and i just fitted a new shaft which i oiled with linseed oil 3 times.Anyway a lot of walking and gridding,the nox is my to go machine when i am back after a while especially with those long lockdown period.

Lots of coast fight remains as you can tell fro the pictures a nice brass cross alas.......and a 1919 coin were the oldest find.

Funny enough the cross bare the name of Saint Anthony of Padua ,which is the saint to pray to when something is lost......................well i found it.

Will try to go out tomorrow,to see if i can find more bullets

Enjoy

RR

• By cuniagau
      We out a couple of days ago and as usual found something strange.  I believe it is a "replica" or "counterfeit" Draped Bust Silver Dollar.  When it came out of the surf it was just a rusty disc.  I was going to just toss it but my ole hunting buddy talked me into cleaning it up a bit out of curiosity.  It is the same diameter as a silver dollar.  It only weighs 12.6 grams.  It does have a reeded edge.  I could make out part of UNITED STATES  but the font was larger than a regular silver dollar.  It appeared to have a shield with eagle wings on the reverse.  I could make out a lady facing to the right.  And 17?? for the date.  Attached are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Note: not sure why the pictures are upside down and sideway.