One Suggestion For The Impulse AQ Going Forward

5 hours ago, Carolina said:

J'ai trois arbres inférieurs différents. L'un était un arbre complémentaire lorsque mon premier AQ a été remplacé. Cela m'a donné deux de la même longueur. Mon deuxième achat AQ a un arbre inférieur de deux pouces de plus que les deux autres. Exprès ? Contrôle de qualité ? Vous devriez être en mesure d'ouvrir un cintre en fil de fer et de le rendre droit et de mesurer la profondeur de la tige inférieure. Gardez à l'esprit que vous devez effacer les deux broches. Mes trois sont creux.

Yes, we take into account all the messages and we modify.

We lengthened the lower shaft a few inches. :tongue:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

Yes, we take into account all the messages and we modify.

We lengthened the lower shaft a few inches. :tongue:

Are those for sale also? I wouldn't mind having a spare in case it breaks while I am detecting. The extra few inches is welcomed.

15 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

Yes, 2"+ - they are available. I can order them.

TUBE-AQ-EXT    Lower Tube Assby, Extended

MSRP $79.00

Thank you rick for answering because I don't always know all the answers from a commercial point of view... :wink:

Rick and Alexandre,

I've been following the release of the Limited since there was word of it's creation! I have said this in some form or another, on other threads, but it bears repeating!

The way the two of you have gone about the release of the Limited, in my opinion, is the only way to create and promote a new detector! A controlled release of a functional "test" unit, with continuing improvements made from user input, and manufacturer expertise! What a refreshing concept!

I think the two of you, and your team, should be commended on you efforts thus far! And hope this continues well into the future with the full production models! And any other variations for gold, coins, and relics!

I hope your company leaders are aware of how a working relationship with the end users can be mutually beneficial!

Thanks for your continued efforts!👍👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Blush!

But seriously.  I wondered in the very beginning when Tom Walsh wrote his “Disclosure” how this would actually go down. I have attached a copy here. I made all the buyers on my list review and agree before I put them on the list.

It has worked out pretty well. I am frustrated at the slow pace of production, but I believe (without any “inside dope”) that it is just “an abundance of caution” on the part of Fisher.  

Early on - and still now and then - the whole thing was criticized as some sort of a “Pay to play” Beta Test program - nobody had ever heard of such a thing. Well, it wasn’t really that at all, but it came pretty close. When folks see the MSRP of the final mass sales version, I think that they will understand that the buyers of the Limited got a good deal.

The factory support has been pretty much excellent in spite of El Paso having a TERRIBLE time with COVID19. Some lapses in communication have been about the only issue and that is mainly because we are having to “make it up as we go along”.

If you want to “skip to the bottom line”, here is the summary from the Disclosure.

The Impulse®-AQ Limited is truly limited; Fisher will manufacture a limited quantity production run only. Fisher Research Labs makes full disclosure that it continues with product and technology development and will make improvements in design and performance after the introduction of this limited production run. The -AQ Limited will not be upgradeable to future releases of Impulse technology although its searchcoil may be compatible with future designs. We offer the Impulse®-AQ Limited to a select group of enthusiasts due to our limited production capacity. If you find the product features and limitations above unacceptable, we urge you to wait to purchase this technology at much higher prices in the months, years and decades to come during which time Fisher Research Labs will continue to release the industry’s highest performance and most innovative metal detection products and technologies.”

Impulse AQ Limited Buyer Disclosure -- 03June2020.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just read this thread for the first time.  Based upon the comments I must have received a new shaft with the additional length and the corrected clevis.  When I first put it together I pushed it all the way to the shortest possible length and it was just 'usable' (without a notch) close to my feet.  I'm 5'9"/10" so I can extend it half to 3/4 inch to get to the first notch and it stops rotating.  I can't get it to stop rotating without it being in a notch with the clamp 'locked'.  If I wanted to extend the shaft I have 6 more holes to make it longer but none to make it shorter.  I don't think my wife who is 5'2" could use it without a bungee even tho it is a very light coil.  

So there is an option now of a long shaft or short shaft, right?  It would be nice to be using one of the notches in the middle and that would leave 3 notches on either side for shorter or longer depending on the conditions.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Here's how I viewed the release and the agreement. Most companies are doing the same thing  EXCEPT they don't tell you that their new machine isn't really completely refined. They rely on selling it first and letting us discover the problems later on. That is the way it has been done for a long time now. They release a new machine implying it is tested and ready to go, but in a couple of months the "bugs" start to appear. Now with thousands sold we are left to complain to them that this is broken or that didn't work. It's a back and forth tug of war. At least Fisher and Alexandre told you up front what was going on. If you don't want to be part of the process, then you don't buy it. But if you do, you know up front that it is still a work in progress. Do we still complain? OF COURSE 😄 that is human nature. But when we complain we never feel we were cheated and not told anything. That is the difference. Everything was up front , so no hard feelings.  I like it better that way than to find out after a couple of months that things are not as I expected them to be. 

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

So there is an option now of a long shaft or short shaft, right?  It would be nice to be using one of the notches in the middle and that would leave 3 notches on either side for shorter or longer depending on the conditions.

Without looking at mine to be sure ... if the spring clip in the lower shaft that snaps into the hole in the upper shaft is like the great majority of the spring clips; then to make the lower shaft shorter is a matter of pulling out the spring clip, drilling a hole the desired length down the rod, cutting the rod shorter and reinserting the spring clip in the new hole. Just make sure the hole you drill is lined up.

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I can't get it to stop rotating without it being in a notch with the clamp 'locked'. 

Thanks for reporting another clamp that does not work well. I can feel an improvement in the works.

• Like 1