One Suggestion For The Impulse AQ Going Forward

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I just read this thread for the first time.  Based upon the comments I must have received a new shaft with the additional length and the corrected clevis.  When I first put it together I pushed it all the way to the shortest possible length and it was just 'usable' (without a notch) close to my feet.  I'm 5'9"/10" so I can extend it half to 3/4 inch to get to the first notch and it stops rotating.  I can't get it to stop rotating without it being in a notch with the clamp 'locked'.  If I wanted to extend the shaft I have 6 more holes to make it longer but none to make it shorter.  I don't think my wife who is 5'2" could use it without a bungee even tho it is a very light coil.  

So there is an option now of a long shaft or short shaft, right?  It would be nice to be using one of the notches in the middle and that would leave 3 notches on either side for shorter or longer depending on the conditions.

Mitchel

I would gladly trade my short shaft for a long. I’m 5’ 10” and need the longest length available to use it. There is very little difference though between the long and short shaft. I too have a machine that the locking collar does not secure the lower shaft. Creates wobble in the control head left to right. I have not complained though as Fisher has been very responsive to my other issues.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rick Kempf said:

Early on - and still now and then - the whole thing was criticized as some sort of a “Pay to play” Beta Test program - nobody had ever heard of such a thing. Well, it wasn’t really that at all, but it came pretty close. When folks see the MSRP of the final mass sales version, I think that they will understand that the buyers of the Limited got a good deal

I think this is an important distinction!

The LTD could have been "loaned" out to many willing individuals to do Beta testing, and then returned! But what is a person's motivation in testing a "give back unit", other than to buy a full production model in the future! I think buying it "up front", with the knowledge of what the unit is; and at a commensurate reduction in price, is a more transparent and direct way of doing business! JMO👍👍

• Like 4