NOKTA MAKRO PREMIUM SAND SCOOP HANDLE-$15,95
NOKTA MAKRO PREMIUM SAND SCOOP ROD SET-$11,95
NOKTA MAKRO PREMIUM SAND SCOOP-3-IN-1 SET-$119,95

nokta-makro-premium-sand-scoop.jpg

nokta-makro-premium-sand-scoop-rod-set-2.jpg

nokta-makro-premium-sand-scoop-handle.jpg

nokta-makro-premium-sand-scoop-3-in-1-set-2 (1).jpg

• Like 3

Looks good, you guys coming out with one with smaller holes or smaller holes near the front and bottom? That is similar to my RTG wire scoop and the tiny stuff falls through and is tricky when in the water.

• Like 1

This is an interesting product.  I looked on the website and didn't see any instruction booklet or assembly instructions.

Maybe it's so simple that none are needed.

However, I was hoping to read them so I could understand better how the adjustment mechanism works, and how long I could extend the long handle, and whether any longer extension might be available (or possible for the user to rig together).  I'm tall, and "normal" length products often don't fit me.

Also, of course, I'd be happy to offer edits to the instructions if I thought any would be useful.  I've done that for previous Nokta Makro products. (Dilek has quickly incorporated my suggestions, so I guess they were welcome.)  And now that I live near the beach, I could actually do some thorough testing!

Are instructions coming?

This would never hold up to water hunting. Dry sand only would be my guess.

• Like 3

It looks as if a lot of thinking went into the adjustment you have for the angle of the handle. I’ve had one with that size holes before and found it wasn’t for me .

To see if it would hold up to pushing it with my foot only time would tell.

Chuck 

• Like 1

I suppose if you change it up a bit and had a solid strip on the bottom and just off the sides it would hold up better in some the gravely waters we have in the NE here. I do like the handle system, looks well thought out.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Just ordered one. I went through the small hole vs big hole thought process. I came to this conclusion. Most stuff is junk. I want to rip past all the junk I possibly can fast and efficiently. What I saw in this is exactly that.

My further conclusion was, the time saved on junk can be spent looking for that rare small piece. Sure, small foil, earings etc will fall through. I can recover that with another method.

However, I may not have made it to that small target before the day is gone if I can't get through the trash fast enough. This just flys through the sand, especially underwater, it's almost instant. I saw some videos and it was quick.

It has 7/16 holes. Most rings and coins are gonna stay put. I'm looking at this for tourist beach water hunting about waist deep and small holes don't work very fast in wet sand. Small holes work a little faster when in water, you get the tiny bits, but, I bet if I had one of the Notka scoops, and you had one with those 7mm holes, I'll have more stuff at the end of the day. I'll still even be able to get the tiny stuff to because I'll have more time to deal with that. So, does this make sense or am I dreaming? 

I'll have one by next week in time for the summer tourist season.

• Like 1

Unless you have one how would you really know?  Anyway, you and me really can't say. We don't have one. And, saying it won't last long isn't the same as someone saying it didn't last long. 

I'm going to give it a go. I saw a video of a guy in Europe, Scottland, digging in light gravel for many different days. It looked like he was getting deep narrow holes and the scoop looked unfazed. Most reviews say it's sturdier than they expected. 

I need a fast acting scoop. This one looks to be the fastest. It Has adjustments and different handles. With all that, to me, its a good price if it does last. And, the scoop can be replaced separately. It looks to have a lot going for it over the solid welded ones.

I'm actually looking forward to giving this a try. I won't know for a week or two, we're having cold weather, some rain and a little snow!

On 11/6/2020 at 12:59 AM, Nokta Detectors said:
7/16" (11mm) Laser Cut Holes
Sharp Front Edge
Perfect 9" Size Opening

9" is just too large for good wetsand/ water work.

A 9" scoop better be built like a brick-chit-house.  

As mentioned, dry sand work.