New White's Gmz Back In Production, But Not Original

Pombo2000

Hello my friends.

i bought a white's GMZ from aliexpress, i know that fake metal detector is a bad thing,

i love white's but now the gmz is out of production and i want it at all cost, please don't judge me too hard for bought this

Link Removed

the metal detector come in a bad shape, very dented, but the fault was only of the custom and shipping company

The seller is very professional, now want to refund me, i know is not his fault. the metal was very well protected.

in italy now there is a lock down so i will spend some time to restor the metal control box also, put new rivets for the handle.

the metal detector works very good, i very excited to try it i put some photos.

thanks to the build quality and the metal box it works, i will make a video

index 2.jpg

index 3.jpg

index.jpg

index 5.jpg

index.jpg

I’m going to hold back what I really want to say because it will probably violate every rule in this great forum. I will say this though....knowingly buying a fake known brand detector only gives the incentive to make more and is another potential nail in the coffin for genuine manufacturers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would think there are still real GMZ's out there for sale but just have to keep your eyes out for them. Just like many of the Tesoros. Personally I would wait to see what Garrett/Whites comes out with. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the popular Whites models go back into production.

On another note you could flatten that box out a bit. Cut a piece of 2x4 to fit inside and put it on another block and give it a few wacks with a hammer. Should look bit better.

Does it still work?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Geotech said:

The PCB doesn't look like a GMZ, I think it's a Classic-SL.

Now that I think about it, the GMZ may have used a Classic board design. I was thinking it was GMT-based but it was not. Dan Geyer designed it just for kicks and it worked pretty well, so White's decided to sell them. I think he took a Classic, bumped it up to 48kHz, and added a manual GB.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kac said:

I would think there are still real GMZ's out there for sale but just have to keep your eyes out for them. Just like many of the Tesoros. Personally I would wait to see what Garrett/Whites comes out with. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the popular Whites models go back into production.

On another note you could flatten that box out a bit. Cut a piece of 2x4 to fit inside and put it on another block and give it a few wacks with a hammer. Should look bit better.

Does it still work?

yes the metal detector works, with some hammer job i think to restore it.

i will make a viseo

3 hours ago, Geotech said:

Now that I think about it, the GMZ may have used a Classic board design. I was thinking it was GMT-based but it was not. Dan Geyer designed it just for kicks and it worked pretty well, so White's decided to sell them. I think he took a Classic, bumped it up to 48kHz, and added a manual GB.

i tought that the gmz was  based on the gmt, but he pcb is different, there are some empty spot on the pcb of my gmz.

maybe was used also for other metal detector.

i bought this beacuse in italy is impossible to find a gmz, and buy from America is too expensive for the shipping.

maybe is helpful for some user that have the gmz and need spare parts